Panning stereo tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Los Alamos Labs

Panning stereo tracks

Post by Los Alamos Labs »

I have an old song on the grid, I'm starting by redoing the drum program, I want to hear the old track in my left speaker and the new track in the right, but I just found out the panning doesn't work on stereo tracks.

Is there any way to split these stereo tracks to left and right without creating new mono tracks of each?

If I do have to create mono tracks to get this effect, what's the quickest way to make a stereo track mono?
jlouvar

Re: Panning stereo tracks

Post by jlouvar »

Pan the new stereo drum track hard right and pan the old stereo drum track hard left (or the other way around).
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
To have all of the instrument sounds panned left of right, you would have to convert the stereo track into 2 mono tracks. Panning a stereo track acts like a stereo balance. As you pan to the left, it turns down the right channel. Using the 2 mono will allow you to pan all the sounds from both tracks to the left.
I hope this helps.
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
Los Alamos Labs

Post by Los Alamos Labs »

Thanks for the reply. So the quickest way I could figure out to do this was to duplicate the stereo track twice and then on each duplicate track:

Sound | Properties | Channels | Left (and then Right)

Is there a way I could just duplicate the stereo track once and have it merge both channels to one?