Export to OMF for ProTools?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

creativeforge

Export to OMF for ProTools?

Post by creativeforge »

I've been working on this project for months. I'm nearing completion in a matter of weeks. The studio doing the mixing sent me their requirements for files delivery. I'm on Mixcraft (Windows), they are on ProTools and Logic (Mac).

He asked me to send OMF files. So of course I've researched the forum here, but nothing seems to be happening on that front.

How could I comply? Any workaround others have found to work well? There will be about 30 tracks, but no effects exported.

Thanks!

Andre
Mark Bliss

Re: Export to OMF for ProTools?

Post by Mark Bliss »

No OMF support in Mixcraft.I
To the best of my knowledge there are a couple common DAW's that support the format, and that it is more common in the bigger video workstation programs.

You can render your tracks and import them to another DAW. I would use wav format and generally prefer to use 24bit in this scenario.
The "mix down to stems" function provides the option to mix down without effects as you mentioned. You can also "strip" the tracks and create copies manually if you prefer.
It may seem a bit tedious the first time, but its really not that big of a deal.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Mark Bliss wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 am No OMF support in Mixcraft.I
To the best of my knowledge there are a couple common DAW's that support the format, and that it is more common in the bigger video workstation programs.
Thanks Mark, could you name the common DAWs you have in mind? I don't know if the protocol on Mixcraft allows you to name them in open forum so I thought best to PM you.
Mark Bliss wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 am You can render your tracks and import them to another DAW. I would use wav format and generally prefer to use 24bit in this scenario.

The "mix down to stems" function provides the option to mix down without effects as you mentioned. You can also "strip" the tracks and create copies manually if you prefer.

It may seem a bit tedious the first time, but its really not that big of a deal.
Great tips, thanks!

Andre
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

We often discuss features in competing programs here, as long as its constructive.
I feel its best not to bash other programs, nor would it be in good form to come here bashing this one.

But to minimize duplicity, and since I already wrote you a reply to the PM, I dont really think it needs to he repeated. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Mark Bliss wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 pm We often discuss features in competing programs here, as long as its constructive.
I feel its best not to bash other programs, nor would it be in good form to come here bashing this one.

But to minimize duplicity, and since I already wrote you a reply to the PM, I dont really think it needs to he repeated. 8)
Thank you Mark, I responded, hope it went through. It keeps showing in my Outbox, so I'm a bit confused there. Let me know if you received my replies (2).

And thanks for taking the time! :)
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

FYI, in the PM portion of the forum software, your messages remain in your outbox until the recipient opens them.
Yours have changed now.... :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page