Midi Controllers that deserve a mention for Mixcraft 9 users?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

GregRBand

Midi Controllers that deserve a mention for Mixcraft 9 users?

Post by GregRBand »

I've been toying with idea of changing out my old but cool, M-Audio Axiom Air mini 32 keyboard controller for a more current and possibly better suited setup for my newly upgraded MIxcraft 9 Pro Studio.

I'd like to inform as many readers of a find I came across.

Nektar Impact LX/LX+ has a driver avail for Mixcraft I found in their support pages. It allows the most common transport functions to be auto mapped, including track bank scrolling of the included faders for mixing on the LX+ model!!!!

I thought that was pretty cool, useful. It also has more of a Synth focus on its feature set besides daw control, and I thought that was unique too! The demo videos I watched showed its functions very well.

Any other cool Keyboard and/or Controllers found that work especially well with Mixcraft for users? I really like idea of pre-formatted mapping for Mixcraft for ease, but I do understand that Mixcraft is super cool and easy to customize using the mapping feature within.
Rolling Estonian

Re: Midi Controllers that deserve a mention for Mixcraft 9 users?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Real simple but I love my Nanokontrol2, great controller!

M
GregRBand

Post by GregRBand »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:43 am Real simple but I love my Nanokontrol2, great controller!

M
Oh, those are cool! Forgot about those!
Rolling Estonian

I can use every button and the lights work! LOL

M
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
FREN

Post by FREN »

Nektar LX49 seem to be my controler of choice as well. The keyboard, PADs, sliders etc seem to fit my style of making music in the EDM genre. This is what Nektar says about integration with Mixcraft:
"Impact LX and LX+ controllers can be used as a simple control surface in Mixcraft by Acoustica with some basic configuration."
"Simple control surface" gives the impression Mixcraft+Nektar LX49 aren´t fully optimized for each other. Any feedback from Acoustica would be appreciated in this tread.

https://nektartech.com/using-mixcraft-with-impact/
Mixcraft 10.1 Pro Studio 64 bit, on Windows 10 64 bit
FREN

Post by FREN »

Novation Launchkey 49 vs Nektar LX49? So similar in layout, yet so different in DAW integration:

Nektar about LX49 + Ableton:
Impact LX, LX+ and GX keyboards can be used as a simple control surface in Ableton Live with some basic configuration. This template is not as comprehensive as our integration for the other DAWs which we support but it will give you a place to start, so that you don’t need to configure basic functions, such as Transport control.
Novation about Lauchkey 49 + Ableton:
Launchkey is our intuitive and fully integrated MIDI keyboard controller for making tracks in Ableton Live.
Yes, we are in Mixcraft now. But obviously non of them are explicitly made for Mixcraft, so some feedback from Acoustica wich one integrates the best with Mixcraft would be highly appreciated.
Mixcraft 10.1 Pro Studio 64 bit, on Windows 10 64 bit
philippanico

Post by philippanico »

Has anyone used the Behringer x touch one with MC 9 Pro Studio. Many thanks in advance.
GregRBand

Post by GregRBand »

FREN wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:52 am Nektar LX49 seem to be my controler of choice as well. The keyboard, PADs, sliders etc seem to fit my style of making music in the EDM genre. This is what Nektar says about integration with Mixcraft:
"Impact LX and LX+ controllers can be used as a simple control surface in Mixcraft by Acoustica with some basic configuration."
"Simple control surface" gives the impression Mixcraft+Nektar LX49 aren´t fully optimized for each other. Any feedback from Acoustica would be appreciated in this tread.

https://nektartech.com/using-mixcraft-with-impact/
Hey thanks for info on Nektar LX keyboards. I've still got my eye on hem for possible upgrade option. Interesting side note is I own and use other daws too, so Novation is another one to consider. I actually have a very cool and expensive large size keyboard controller I got on sale years ago and rarely used because of living situations and lack of desk space to use it... it's an MAudio Code 49, super cool model with VIP 3 integration and digital display in middle, but strangely it's obsolete and not offered of easy to even find mentioned anywhere now a few years Later. I figured I'd just off it to someone else and get a current one that's supported better, lol
GregRBand

Post by GregRBand »

philippanico wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:59 am Has anyone used the Behringer x touch one with MC 9 Pro Studio. Many thanks in advance.
I really like the looks of those X Touch controllers, been wondering myself since they came out because I own various daws and cool how they give you different daw assignment plates with it! Haven't tried it or spent money on it because had a cool friend gift me a Presonus Faderport. Where is that thing anyway, I forgot I had it.... lol
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I thought some of you may be interested in using your phone or tablet. I had been looking around for a simple solution to use my android phone to connect to Mixcraft for mixining controls and so-forth. I'm still experimenting with some , but was happy when I got one to work pretty straightforward.

MidiMix: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... imixerfull

There are adds but they appear in a box at the top and don't interfere with the operation of the app at all, so take that as you will.

One thing you have to do is download rtpMIDI (there are instructions in the app itself) and install it on your Windows machine. The app works through your LAN so your computer with Mixcraft running on it will have to be connected to the same network as your mobile device (that basically means both devices have to be connected to your home internet). Without going into great detail, once rtpMIDI is running, start your mobile app, then start up Mixcraft. On Mixcrafts MIDI settings, make sure your input devices are the same as on rtpMIDI.

Then use Mixcrafts midi learn function, slide the sliders or turn the dials on the app, and mixcraft will "learn" the apps control for the selected function. It's pretty cool as having the mixing board controlled remotely/wirelessly is awesome. Too bad Mixcraft remote only controls the transport functions.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

In my opinion, trying to play keyboards with a tiny tablet or cell phone would be a nightmare, but if that’s what you want, have at it and good luck. However, I do have the free Mixcraft remote app on my iPhone and iPad: https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/extras/remote-control
- Joe -

cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Controllers aren't just piano keyboards used to play midi notes. You can contol mixes, transports, effects, anything you can map a button, dial or slider to. Remote wireless control can be very useful. It depends on what you want to do and how creative you can be.

A simple example in a bedroom studio is having your mic setup in a treated area away from your computer to avoid picking up any fan noise etc. You could remotely set your levels, effects and start recording from your mobile device without having to run between the computer and the mic.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Yeah, absolutely. Have fun and happy 4th of July. Cheers :D
- Joe -

Rolling Estonian

I didn't know there were so many windows and Android virtual midi controllers! I could see uses for that.

M