Is it possible to reverse the update?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Kuba W

Is it possible to reverse the update?

Post by Kuba W »

After last update Mixcraft is not playing midi tracks from Heat Up VST.

All the tracks are there, when I open HU it gives the sound, but when I play the project the tracks are quiet.

When I play the clips they're quiet too.

Now I lost over a half of each project.

What to do to get it back??
Kuba W

Re: Is it possible to reverse the update?

Post by Kuba W »

POST UPDATE

It plays correct the tracks from Heat Up 2 (64bit) and not Heat Up 3 (64bit VST3).

I have them both installed. Just checked and duplicating the track seems to make the new one working!

I almost got the heart attack guys. Anyway, something is wrong after the update.

Also the new save versions of the project are not primarily going to the project parent folder, but everytime I have to go there manually.

That's also after the last update.

I never do the updates in the middle of big job and this time I did because support suggested that in connection with other problem.

Never again 8) Now I've got to go, duplicate each of HU3 tracks and mix them down to wave tracks before new suprise comes...
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Damn, not working :(

Duplicating the track makes it play, but mixdown to new gives empty wave track and duplicated track becomes broken again...
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Has anyone got the installer one version before the 460??

And if I uninstall v460 to install the older one, will I lose all the paths to plugins or something else?
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

I've found the public beta 461 that says to fix not playing VST3 midi files, but when I try to install it with my Pro Sudio code, it says that it's the Record Studio installer. Are you gonna release that update for pro studio soon?

If not, I'd be really thankfull for MX9 64bit Pro Studio build 452 installer :oops:
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Suggestion: Contact the HeatUp maker and ask them for help, and in the meantime, don’t use HU3 and just use UH2 instead.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

jlouvar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:43 am Suggestion: Contact the HeatUp maker and ask them for help, and in the meantime, don’t use HU3 and just use UH2 instead.
What's the point contacting HeatUp maker as the fault is on Mixcraft side? Until last update (460) it was working perfect.

Acoustica probably know about it for at least two months now, this is description of public beta 461 released 7th of may:
461.jpg
461.jpg (50.82 KiB) Viewed 9513 times
And using Heat Up 2 instead of HU3 is not an option, these are two different VSTs and tracks builded on HU3 need working HU3...
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Yeah I read what you wrote.
And now a conspiracy theory lol.
Kuba W wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:30 am What's the point contacting HeatUp maker as the fault is on Mixcraft side?
Because regardless of what you think, they may be able to help you. Anyway, sorry for the suggestion and good bye.
Last edited by jlouvar on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

jlouvar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 am Because regardless of what you think, they may be able to help you. Anyway, sorry for the suggestion and good bye.
Yeah. You may be right. I'm just devastated by loosing few months of work... Thanks for the suggestion.
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

I've found installer for MX9 Pro 64 build 458 and it (HeatUp3) was not working too.

I've uninstalled again and came back to my very first version of MX9 - build 436 - and it's working again.

I think the last version I had before this unlucky update was 452, so it would be great to get the
installer for Pro Sudio 64 build 452 or if it's somehow possible - just the patch to version 452.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Why just that version of that plugin? If there’s a problem with build 460, we want to fix it. Can you please send a simple example project file into support so we can see what’s going on?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Another factor that could be an issue is neither the plug-in or MC but W10 updates, they've had some well publicised doosies recently. I've had a couple issues with drivers and such but nothing drastic over the last few months that I'm sure are W10 related. Last thing is that individual computers can be a bit quirkie, I know I've had some odd ones with my 5 year old PC.

Hopefully you'll be able to sort it out, who knows a future W10 update could do it? 😒

M
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:02 am Why just that version of that plugin?
No idea Greg. Heat Up 2 came as VST2 I think, and later upgrade to Heat Up 3 as the VST3 only. Maybe that's the reason, maybe something else, as they differ more than just version of vst. It's based on different engine and has new layout too. Up to build 452 it was working perfect for a long time. 458 & 460 open them silent.
Acoustica Greg wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:02 am Can you please send a simple example project file into support so we can see what’s going on?
Yes, I'll prepare some simple project by slimming one of the existing and I'll send it through e-mail.
Rolling Estonian wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:09 am Another factor that could be an issue is neither the plug-in or MC but W10 updates
I'm using Win7 and update manually, that's not the case. Failure happened since I've updated from 452 to 460 100%

Now I had to go back to build 460, as the 436 sees the newer files as corrupted, luckily I managed to recover all important tracks with 436 by mixing them to waves... So there's still a hope for my productions.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Another suggestion, install that v461 beta just to test that specific plug-in.
It would be helpful info for all interested parties.

There are still vst3 incompatibilities out there, and I have to give the team a lot of credit for their efforts to punch down those little gophers as they pop up. Its not as simple as a sweeping fix for all of them.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Mark Bliss wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:50 am Another suggestion, install that v461 beta just to test that specific plug-in.
It would be helpful info for all interested parties.
That's right what you say, but the installer didn't let me do it using my password for Pro Studio.
Which is also strange, bacause when reinstalling different builds of PS it didn't even ask me once for a password.
It has to recognise it as a different product and I have no acces to it even if it's the lower version...