Mixcraft 4 & EzDrummer

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bsheen

Mixcraft 4 & EzDrummer

Post by bsheen »

Has anyone tried to set up individual tracks for each individual drum sound coming out of ezdrummer. I can get ezdrummer (as VST) working in stereo on one single track, but can't figure out how to get each drum or output from ezdrummer to its own track on mixcraft. This way you could asign an effect to a particular drum(ie. kick-compressor). I read about arming multiple tracks, but not sure if this is the correct way to go about it, because when dragging files from ezdrummer to a vst track, you don't have to arm the track.
Smurf42

Post by Smurf42 »

This is a great question bsheen. I have just invested heavily in EZD and all the add-on packs, so support for this feature would have me leaning towards MC4 as I look around to updating my system and streamlining it. 8)
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

While Mixcraft can capture multiple audio inputs simultaneously, I do not believe that it will work with the multitrack output function available in the mixer in EZD.

One way that I have found to separate tracks is to load EZD as the vst instrument in separate tracks, copy the full midi track into each of these tracks, then solo the desired drum in the EZD mixer in each track.

The downside is that each instance of EZD, pop/rock kit for example, uses almost 300MB of RAM. You could create and mix each vst track down without effects to an audio file, then import these separate audio tracks into a new project and use effects to your hearts desire, while saving a ton of RAM.

*Vibrant Audio*
bsheen

Post by bsheen »

Vibrant,
Appreciate the feedback. I shall try that and see how it works. Only question is how do you solo an individual sound for each track? Thanks again.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Select the solo button for the instrument(s) you want in the mixer section of ezdrummer. I use 5 tracks. 1-Kick, 2-Top and Bottom Snares, 3-Hats, 4-All three toms, 5-Both overheads.

Step by Step:
Select ezdrummer instrument in the change instrument dialog box.
Select edit in the setails section.
On the lower left of the EZDrummer screen select open mixer.
Third row down is solo/mute.
Select solo for the instrument(s) you want.
Enjoy!

*Vibrant Audio*
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

not setails section, but details section...
bsheen

Post by bsheen »

Thanks for the input. i will give that a try.