Waves CLA plugins constantly crashing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jodboy23

Waves CLA plugins constantly crashing

Post by jodboy23 »

Hello,
I purchased the Waves CLA plugin bundle from Waves Audio a month ago or so, and the plugins were working great in Mixcraft until recently. Now, almost every time I go to play a track with the CLA Vocals plugin applied, the plugin immediately crashes. When it doesn't crash upon playback, it often crashes upon mixdown. It seems to take 6 or 7 mixdowns to get it to behave enough to work. Is there any workaround or solution for this? Thanks in advance.
Mixcraft 8.1 Pro Studio 64-Bit Build 148, Windows 10
Frantiac

Re: Waves CLA plugins constantly crashing

Post by Frantiac »

I've had problems with my Waves plugins (GTR, GTRSolo) which turned out to be entirely graphics related - maybe investigate that possibility? As far as I'm aware Waves doesn't officially support Mixcraft so no good going to them for help...
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

Forgot to mention, if my memory serves me right, the general consensus here is to avoid the vst3 versions of the plugins.
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Frantiac wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:53 am the general consensus here is to avoid the vst3 versions of the plugins.
That's test #1, try the vst2. Fortunately my Waves vst3 work but I had some issues early with MC9. After checking vst2 make sure you have latest build of MC.

M
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

I was having the same problem with the CLA plugins, and reinstalling seems to have fixed them. It might also be I closed the Video window in MC. I'm using VST3's on Win 10 latest MC9, 64GB memory, i7-11700, nVidia 2070 Super.