Converted files fail to import

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MEnnis1970

Converted files fail to import

Post by MEnnis1970 »

Hello, this is my first day with Mixcraft 8.1. I'm trying to import some files that I recorded on my Android using SoundCorset. The filet type is mp4, and I've converted using online services to wav, mp3, and wmv. With each type, when I drop into Mixcraft I'm prompted that, "Mixcrft failed to load the sound. It could be corrupt or in an unsupported format."

Can anyone help me understand why the converted files aren't being welcomed and how I might overcome this problem?

Thanks!
-Mike
jlouvar

Re: Converted files fail to import

Post by jlouvar »

MEnnis1970 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:53 pm Hello, this is my first day with Mixcraft 8.1. I'm trying to import some files that I recorded on my Android using SoundCorset. The filet type is mp4, and I've converted using online services to wav, mp3, and wmv. With each type, when I drop into Mixcraft I'm prompted that, "Mixcrft failed to load the sound. It could be corrupt or in an unsupported format."

Can anyone help me understand why the converted files aren't being welcomed and how I might overcome this problem?

Thanks!
-Mike
Hi Mike, welcome to the MIxcraft forum.

Hmm, do the files properly load and pay with other players like Windows Media player and etc? Maybe contact the online service Support that your using and ask them for help.

Joe
Last edited by jlouvar on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi

Without knowing what encoder the online converter has used it's difficult to say, perhaps you could post one of the mp3. BTW wmv is a video file, should be converted to wma.
You could download Media Tab and report what codec has been used along with bitrate details and sampling rate.
MEnnis1970

Post by MEnnis1970 »

Thanks for the welcome and replies!

All of the files will play properly with other playback apps. I even converted the mp3 in iTunes to aif to test. Plays fine in itunes, but if I try to import the same file to Mixcraft, it isn't happy.

I used Convertio for all the format conversions. I'll try another and update the thread.

Thanks again, and all the best.

-Mike
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I recommend you use Audacity for sound file editing and conversion, add the FFMPEG library in the preferences. Then easily do the conversion. I recommend converting it to .wav
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Mixcraft is very picky about file names. Is there a character like a bracket or an apostrophe in the file name? Regardless, try renaming the file to something very basic like file.wmv or whatever.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft doesn't support unicode characters in the filename, so if the file is called 無料の鳥.mp3, rename it to freebird.mp3.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

bob121 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:41 am When importing from a csv file, I have a field that is a raw phone number. 10 digits no spaces or special characters.
A csv file is a text file, not audio.

M