I don't want to say goodbye to Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Facto

I don't want to say goodbye to Mixcraft

Post by Facto »

So I've been using Mixcraft since 6 and know it well. 8 was glitchy but tolerable on my older Windows 7 machine. In January I upgraded to the machine in my signature and also to 9 pro. I've had nothing but problems with fallouts and glitches.... constant. I've changed every setting imaginable.... contacted support a bit with no success. Example is I can have just two VST tracks on a project and once I hit record it glitches the whole time....unusable. I thought maybe it's my interface (Audient ID-14) and even went back and forth with their support with no success. So I got Reaper and Studio One 5 and what do you know? Not one glitch. I initiated multiple projects in each of those DAWS with 20 tracks each.....intentionally trying to bog them down with resource hungry plugins and no issues. I loaded 12 instances of Output plugins and on top of those laid Output Movement (very resource hungry) to push the system resources in both and not one glitch or pause...smooth.

I'm not here to bash MC....just the opposite. I don't want to abandon it because I know it so well. But multiple attempts to find anyone with an idea as to why this is happening have failed. My last idea is that maybe the Audient ID14 doesn't jive with MC very well? Audient did indicate that Mixcraft was a DAW they don't really support or know much about. I'm willing to give it one more shot and maybe buy another brand interface if there are any suggestions.

Again I really don't want to leave here. MC fits like a glove in so many ways and it's daunting learning a new DAW. Any last ditch ideas would be appreciated.

P.S. I've changed all the sound settings to every combination possible....no luck
Win 10 64 bit; MX9 Pro; Intel i7-9700 CPU ; 32 GB RAM ... 2TB SSD
Plisskin

Re: I don't want to say goodbye to Mixcraft

Post by Plisskin »

Facto wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:56 am I've had nothing but problems with fallouts and glitches.... constant. Example is I can have just two VST tracks on a project and once I hit record it glitches the whole time....unusable. I thought maybe it's my interface (Audient ID-14) and even went back and forth with their support with no success. So I got Reaper and Studio One 5 and what do you know? Not one glitch.

P.S. I've changed all the sound settings to every combination possible....no luck
I would guess there are other Audient users around (as it is popular with products at price tiers for everyone).

I'm using an iD-22 (guessing it is the same driver?)

I know you've said you tried every sound setting combination- so I can only say what has worked for me - in hopes that it may not have been tried?>
running Windows 10 64 bit & the latest Audient driver....
1. iD-22 set to 48Khz @ 64 buffer in the Audient control panel.
2. also set the Windows 10 'speaker properties/'advanced' tab to '24 bit 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)
3. (Mixcraft set to the Audient ASIO driver of course)
Win10 64 Pro, Ryzen 3600, 16G, NVME & SSD.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

@ Facto

I suggest that you contact Acoustica Support at: https://acoustica.kayako.com/conversation/new
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Facto

Post by Facto »

I have. The problem is there is no crash report which is what they always ask for. It's not crashing. I got the feeling they didn't believe me and just wrote me off. The Audient tech had me email him a video of what it was doing. They took a lot of time trying to help and eventually said just to go to another DAW. But I'd prefer not to.

I was hoping to get feedback from anyone on here who is IT literate that may have ideas as to why and consider possible solutions.

-New Dell XPS Tower Intel i7 32GB Memory, 2TB SSD
-MIxcraft 8 glitches, drops out
-Mixcraft 9 glitches, drops out

-Reaper.... no glitches at all....even when overloaded
-Studio One 5.... same... flawless

So it can't be my machine exclusively

I've purchased 3 versions of Mixcraft.... loyal customer.... I just figured they'd want to help. I know this DAW...I would like to continue.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm, I’m sure Support wants to help, but they need your log files.
Last edited by jlouvar on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

FWIW I use the iD14 and have no issues.

M
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Maybe try reinstalling MX.
- Joe -

Drdish007

Post by Drdish007 »

Hi,
I had an issue with Mixcraft9RS with the CPU and system usage going up. The system didnt crash, but I did send the log file asked for. For my situation it was a VST3 plug-in that was the fault. Acoustica service was very helpful.
Also, on my old computer I had 2 hard drives, one for OS, the second for my East/West sound samples. I also recorded to this hard drive . I would occasionally get glitches because it would try to access the sound and record to the same drive.
On my new computer I added a third hard drive. My signature shows the details.

So I would suggest that you send in the log file to see if they can see what might be causing you issues.

- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The log file is helpful, even if there isn't a crash. Mixcraft overwrites the mixcraft-log file every time you open it (unless you have that option turned off in Display preferences).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Facto

Post by Facto »

Okay....I'll create a session and send in a ticket with the log file when complete.

Drdish007 ..... the CPU and Mixcraft usage never exceeds more than about 8-10 %
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

By the way, both MX8 and MX9 work fine for me, so my guess is your problem a setup/user error, or a buggy third party plug-in. Oh and be sure to follow all Support instructions and don’t shine anything on. :wink:
Last edited by jlouvar on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Joe -

cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I had a "glitching" problem where things actually would either not work or lock up and crash. For me it was due to bad virtual midi routing. The way I had the MIDI routing set up was creating feedback loops and would cause indescriminant lock ups and shut downs. I tracked it down by disabling all of the midi inputs in the Mixcraft setup. I ran tests while all inputs were disabled. Upon sucessful results then just turned on one that I knew was only coming from one source and not shared or used with any other MIDI software. After tracking down that issue, I was able to "carefully" setup any other midi inputs and outputs for other software, hardware, etc running simultaneously or linked using the Mixcraft external midi device instrument.
James Klutho

Post by James Klutho »

I had a glitching problem also. I solved my problem by installing a USB card and used it for my interface input. This is probably not your problem since you get other DAWs to work but sometimes hardware is the issue.
SethSkoda

Post by SethSkoda »

I'd say make sure that your sample rates are the same on absolutely everything. If you want to use 48kHz 24bit, then make sure all audio devices on your PC are set to that, as well as Mixcraft. Same goes for 44.1kHz. As long as everything is set the same (both sample rate and bit depth), you can avoid that particular glitch, which, to my knowledge, can lead to other odd things happening. Live resampling might not be too much for your machine to handle, but it can sure as hell cause other problems.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: