Confusion with reinstallation

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

Confusion with reinstallation

Post by UilleannB »

This can be deleted after answering: because I wanted to have legacy effects which I skipped on first installation, I deleted Mixcraft 9 Pro (but kept the settings) and reinstalled it. It reinstalled and apparently it registered automatically. But now the shortcut on my desktop as well as the entry in Windows 10 app list says "Recording Studio" instead of "Pro". The name of the program window however says "Pro". I'm confused. How to check which version is really installed? (I am registered for Pro)
Mark Bliss

Re: Confusion with reinstallation

Post by Mark Bliss »

If the program header says ProStudio, that is what is running.
Open the sound tab for an audio clip, is the Melodyne tab there? ProStudio.

As to the cause of the anomaly, I would suspect something to do with where you alluded to "saving the settings" before reinstalling maybe. Not sure what you mean by that, how you uninstalled, how you installed, etc.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can also look for plugins like Acoustica 31 Band EQ. Here's a chart that shows what you get: https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/compare-chart

If it turns out that you installed the Recording Studio edition, just download and install Pro Studio from the link in your account here.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Mark Bliss wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:02 amIf the program header says ProStudio, that is what is running. Open the sound tab for an audio clip, is the Melodyne tab there? ProStudio.
I am registered for full Meldoyne, so this didn't tell me. The header said Pro Studio, but I didn't have f.e. Acoustica 31 Band EQ which Greg mentioned.
Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 amIf it turns out that you installed the Recording Studio edition, just download and install Pro Studio from the link in your account.
I did. This worked. Thanks.