SampleTank 4 with MixCraft 9 on Windows 10 Pro?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

SampleTank 4 with MixCraft 9 on Windows 10 Pro?

Post by squeakie »

Is anyone using SampleTank 4 with MixCraft 9 running Windows 10 Pro? I had issues a while back with one of my computers running SampleTank 4 (wouldn’t load and crashed MixCraft).

Someone on the MixCraft team got it working by simply loading only the VST version when downloading the player. However, it didn’t work for me. I followed the same suggestion on another laptop I use when I can’t use my main one. I believe it’s running Windows 10 Home. Worked flawless on that laptop.

I’m now wondering if it’s something with Windows 10 Pro.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Thomas

Re: SampleTank 4 with MixCraft 9 on Windows 10 Pro?

Post by Thomas »

I can't say what it is at this point, but I'm more inclined to think there would be a problem with the Win 10 Pro installation than it being a Pro vs Home issue. In other words a corrupted OS. AFAIK, the main differences are that Pro has some extra options, ie., administrative stuff.

Edit: if it crashes again, send in the log file. The Mixcraft team may uncover the cause.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I’ve sent a crash file to them before regarding this. That’s how the downloading of only the VST version was found to work with MixCraft. It works fine with MixCraft on my other computer following their suggestion, but it won’t work for my main studio laptop. It’s odd too, as it will open under Cakewalk (without having to download just the VST version) on that computer, but MixCraft will open it on my spare laptop if just the VST player is downloaded.

That’s what leads me to suspect something with Windows 10 Pro. I thought I’d just do a rebuild of it on that laptop by uninstalling the entire program (including sound content) and reinstalling. No luck..., so I guess I’m just going to right off that Laptop with SampleTank and MixCraft. I’ll just have to bring the spare in when I’m using SampleTank.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

A log file from this computer might shed some clues.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Hi Greg, you’ve worked with me on this issue in the past with this laptop. You’ve already looked at the log file. You got it working by installing just the VST version. That suggestion didn’t work. I set the issue aside knowing I was going to eventually just do a rebuild of the entire download. Uninstalled everything related to ST4 (have the sound content backed up). I did a complete reinstall, still the same issue.

I spoke to soon on my other laptop. I used your suggestion and it worked. Did several songs using ST4 Multitimbral in MC9 Pro, and all was well. This morning started getting fatal errors. Turns out it’s a common error that IK hasn’t really sorted out. ST4 works great on some computers, and not so well on others (even if it meets the specifications). I’ve got it crashing an i7 with 16g’s RAM.

Thanks for your help in the past. Looks like this is an IK specific issue (tickets have been submitted by users many times to IK), but the issue seems to persist. I think I’m just going to go with another VST workstation. Money down the drain. Fortunately IK Philharmonik 2 and MODO Bass work great with MixCraft.

Sqk