VST3

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

heks

VST3

Post by heks »

I have found none of my vst3 plugins presets can be shown by Mixcraft 9 (well not where they normal are , not sure if they are showing somewhere else). I normal don't tend to use the vst3 versions but found this out when trying to sort out a preset problem with Blue Cat Patchwork and I used Mixcraft as the "vst3 norm" (which didn't really work). It's not a real problem at this time, but as more plugins are becoming only vst3 it would be sensible to have it sorted out before it did become an issue.
heks

Re: VST3

Post by heks »

I have found presets for SPL Iron in the Plugin Alliance vst3 presets folder in both Documents VST3 folder and Common File VST3, but I can't seem to import them. I have found I have to import them one at a time in Studio one v4 (which is a pain). Any recommendation in how to import the presets in Mixcraft?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft doesn't have an option to load VST3 presets, but I've got it logged as a feature suggestion.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
heks

Post by heks »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:28 am Hi,

Mixcraft doesn't have an option to load VST3 presets, but I've got it logged as a feature suggestion.

Greg
That's fine. But please explain, Mixcraft can load vst3 instruments and effects, but not their presets? Is that due to Steinberg?
From what I've read on forums Steinberg are trying to kill off vst for vst3 and a few new developers can only get vst3 licences to code, so as infuriating as it is, I'd humbly (writing can make things sound/seem hostile, when there meant in good will) suggest its not a feature, but an inevitable necessity. :|
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can still load the presets via the plugin's own interface right?

Thanks for your feedback, I passed it along.

Greg
heks

Post by heks »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:31 am
You can still load the presets via the plugin's own interface right?
Greg
Not the vst3 version the host seems to have to do it. But the vst64 version works just as expected in Mixcraft.
heks

Post by heks »

I've been testing a number of my VST3 plugins with my other DAW's and the results are VST3 implementation is a mess. Quite a few plugins have their own built in preset managers and work fine. It seems to be the plugins that rely on the host to manage the presets where the problems start. So, I've found its not just a Mixcraft problem, hope there's solutions in the latest SDK and yes, I think its as you said Greg , fixing it is a feature request.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:28 am Hi,

Greg
? Huh? I must be misunderstanding you, because I have VST3 VIs loaded and can bring up presets just fine.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're using the plugin's own preset setting right? We're talking about creating Mixcraft presets for VST3 plugins.

Greg