Support/Fix for Mixcraft 8 build 418?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

RollingStone

Support/Fix for Mixcraft 8 build 418?

Post by RollingStone »

Hi,
meanwhile it's normal for me that my mixcraft has sound crackles on a high-performance win10 pc machine with all your sound-optimization-settings and that it crashes in 90% when closing the software. I only use two different vsts (ezdrummer and guitar rig), besides only normal audio tracks without ANY plugins.

Is it worth to send you my log file from crashing and realistic, that there will be a last mixcraft 8 build with some bug fixes and the option to have own keyboard shortcuts?

thanks.
Mark Bliss

Re: Support/Fix for Mixcraft 8 build 418?

Post by Mark Bliss »

Development for v8 ended and was moved to v9. The release of v9 effectively makes v8 a "legacy version" and the only further update would be an upgrade.
(Which as always, is priced very attractively for existing owners)

A log file submitted via a support ticket might help diagnose or pinpoint a cause for your problems. You could also install the trial version of MX9 to see if it worked any better for you.

Just guessing, but one of the described problems sounds like buffering. You could try changing those settings to see if the "crackling" issue changes.
The other, described as "crashing upon close" (or locking-up, going unresponsive) issue is usually related to a plug-in.
V9 does have some changes that handle some plug-ins better than v8 did, so again, you might try that as a diagnostic approach.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
RollingStone

Post by RollingStone »

Mark Bliss wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:45 am Development for v8 ended and was moved to v9. The release of v9 effectively makes v8 a "legacy version" and the only further update would be an upgrade.
(Which as always, is priced very attractively for existing owners)

A log file submitted via a support ticket might help diagnose or pinpoint a cause for your problems. You could also install the trial version of MX9 to see if it worked any better for you.

Just guessing, but one of the described problems sounds like buffering. You could try changing those settings to see if the "crackling" issue changes.
The other, described as "crashing upon close" (or locking-up, going unresponsive) issue is usually related to a plug-in.
V9 does have some changes that handle some plug-ins better than v8 did, so again, you might try that as a diagnostic approach.
well, I already upgraded to v9 PRO some months ago, but since they totally fucked up the design and usability for me and there are no new features in v9 I have a need for, I still work with the latest v8 build.

in the end you will be right that nothing can compete with a permanent try under v9 and see what happens.

my current buffer size is already 512 and it still crackles with a cpu workload in mixcraft between 0% and 5%. (hardware: 4,4ghz quad core, 32gb ram, win10 on ssd hard disk drive, files on sata III drive, radeon rx 570 graphics with 8gb ram)

i hope that the v10 will have some obviously daw features like more/own keyboard shortcuts and the option to customize the design.
is there already a thread for a look out/wishlist for v10? (edit: found it...)
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

RollingStone wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:14 pm ....
my current buffer size is already 512 and it still crackles with a cpu workload in mixcraft between 0% and 5%. (hardware: 4,4ghz quad core, 32gb ram, win10 on ssd hard disk drive, files on sata III drive, radeon rx 570 graphics with 8gb ram)....
I know you're probably tired of troubleshooting, but if you've defaulted to Windows video drivers, I suggest getting them instead from the GPU vendor (In your case, AMD). In fact, make sure all of your hardware has up-to-date drivers.
RollingStone

Post by RollingStone »

JonInc wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:18 pm
RollingStone wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:14 pm ....
my current buffer size is already 512 and it still crackles with a cpu workload in mixcraft between 0% and 5%. (hardware: 4,4ghz quad core, 32gb ram, win10 on ssd hard disk drive, files on sata III drive, radeon rx 570 graphics with 8gb ram)....
I know you're probably tired of troubleshooting, but if you've defaulted to Windows video drivers, I suggest getting them instead from the GPU vendor (In your case, AMD). In fact, make sure all of your hardware has up-to-date drivers.
the graphics card is very new in this system, so this cannot be the problem, because the crackles have always been there before.
all hardware drivers are up-to-date because the system has been re-installed some weeks ago.

my experience is, that mixcraft gets overloaded/stuck with 40-50 audio tracks and 2-3 vst tracks, whatever powerful the system is. (as i said, 0% to 5% cpu workload)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Send in your log file and we'll see if there's anything you're missing. The next time you notice Mixcraft becoming "overloaded," quit the program and send us your log file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101