Theme .ini file permissions?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bigaquarium

Theme .ini file permissions?

Post by bigaquarium »

Good evening,

I've been tinkering around and making a new light theme, but I believe some of the font and background color settings are in the .ini file. I have given full permission to all users and turned off read-only on everything in the Mixcraft 9 folder but it still won't let me save changes to the light theme .ini file. Any ideas?

Here's a sneak peak... Best to open the picture in a new tab to get the full experience.
MC9 FOM Edition.PNG
MC9 FOM Edition.PNG (37.77 KiB) Viewed 901 times
- Nathan

PS I've noticed quite a few image file changes in the mixrez folder of late, having trouble finding the time/beats display and such!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Theme .ini file permissions?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Check your task manager to make sure you don't have it open in some other program or instance of the program you're using. Maybe even File Explorer.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
RollingStone

Re: Theme .ini file permissions?

Post by RollingStone »

hey!

nice work for now. already looks much more user-friendly than the ones in v9. i have planned to do the same in the future, when there will be some useable features/bugfixes in the upcoming v9 builds or so... for now i'm still using v8.

i already did some research in the mx8/mx9 folders and i guess the right way to use an own skin is to create a new .ini file for the new skin and add this name to the "skins" excel sheet.

for example in the alternative mixcraft 8s "mixskin-light.ini" there is a info on top that says:

Code: Select all

; We only place modified / changed skin elements
; 

[track body]
solid color = 190,190,190

[trackunsel-sep-color-body]
solid color = 150,150,150

-[wood background]
-image fn = mixrez\skins\light\wood-light.png

so everything that is NOT stated here, will be inherited from the standard skin including the pathes to the button images and so on, which could save much work.