Best Practices for Video Tracks?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Pthetitan

Best Practices for Video Tracks?

Post by Pthetitan »

Hey-O!

I'm trying to teach myself to score to video and I'm just looking to see if there's any way to cut down on some of the video choppiness with video tracks. Is there a way to "Freeze" a video track or play at a lower resolution while I work as I won't be editing the video in any way?

If not, anyone got any tips they've used to make the process a little smoother?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Best Practices for Video Tracks?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft uses Microsoft DirectShow to process videos, so make sure that all of your Windows media stuff, and your computer's graphics card drivers are up to date. Also make sure you're using 64-bit Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Pthetitan

Post by Pthetitan »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:41 am Hi,

Mixcraft uses Microsoft DirectShow to process videos, so make sure that all of your Windows media stuff, and your computer's graphics card drivers are up to date. Also make sure you're using 64-bit Mixcraft.

Greg
Done and done. Thanks for the help!

Also, so I don't create a new thread, I'm having some trouble making the step editor load all the voices in my custom drum map. It'll load about 9 of 16 voices. The piano roll is fine and loads all the voices, though.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can click Add/Edit to add more parts of the drum kit. Did you try that?

Greg
Pthetitan

Post by Pthetitan »

Yea that does work but I'd like it to add it by default to avoid having to setup the step editor on each new instance.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can read up on making custom drum maps on page 125 of the manual.

But you might also try some different drum maps that are already there, depending on which drum plugin you're using.

Greg
Pthetitan

Post by Pthetitan »

I've gone through that section and followed all the steps and there isn't anything regarding this specific issue. The current mappings don't correlate to the plugin I'm using (Atlas). Maybe could be a feature in the future?
edng

Post by edng »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:41 am Hi,

Greg
Hi Greg, I'm having the same issue with jerky video playback. What did you mean by update Windows media stuff? My Windows updates are up to date, according to Windows Update.

Fyi, I'm using Mixcraft 9 Pro 64-bit on Win10 & my graphics card is integrated on motherboard & I have 16gb ram. Might it be due to integrated graphics card?

Thank you :)
Ed
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm guessing Windows update would cover that. Did you check your computer or graphics card manufacturer's web page for video driver updates?

You would also try installing a video codec pack like K-Lite.

If those things don't help, wait until it happens again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
edng

Post by edng »

Hey Greg

Just thot I'd update. So I did the 2 things u suggested & the playback is better now, tho still a bit glitchy at beginning.

But I noticed a significant de-sync between audio & visual, which is an issue of course. I suspect it's the Mp4 file I'm working with, so I'll check in with the source first. Tried another file & that seemed fine.

Thanks!

Ed
Ed