peak making gain staging...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

pepexpress

peak making gain staging...

Post by pepexpress »

Hello,

Does Mixcraft 9 have a way to measure the maximum peak of each track in order to do a correct gain staging or do I have to install a plugin to measure it?

Thanks!

Pep
Drdish007

Re: peak making gain staging...

Post by Drdish007 »

Hello,
The track meters should show you the levels per track.
When recording in ASIO mode your audio interface will set your recording level. This can be seen on the track meter. If your interface software shows meters for your inputs, you can also use these meters to set your input level. I use a Focusrite 18i20 second gen, and the Focusrite software shows meters per input.
Don't set your levels too high to avoid digital clipping.
- Myran
Mixcraft 10.5Pro596, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os),1TB hdd(library audio),1TB hdd (recorded audio),Nvidia GeForce1050i video,16GB RAM,Focusrite 18I20 3rd gen usb,Motu 5 ch.midi interface, D5,U220,Keystation88,B4000+,Leslie,Rhodes73mk1
pepexpress

Post by pepexpress »

Thanks!

So I do it, but I have a plugin that measures exactly the maximum peak if I want to put all the levels at -6 db ... I don't know if Mixcraft pro has it ...

Health!

Pep
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hi Pep,

If -6 peak is your preferred method, and you have a plug-in you are familiar with, why not just use that?
I guess I dont understand the question.

You could do that with the meters in the mixer view. Or you could use a plug-in.
Perhaps the question is about the included plug-in bundle?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page