Recording with ASIO - Solved

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ChuckR

Recording with ASIO - Solved

Post by ChuckR »

OK, Under Preference I have ASIO selected
If I load a couple instruments and add a video file, everything works fine. I can arm everything, hit Play and the video will play with sound. I can play along with the video.
When I press Record the video will play but without sound. I can still play my instrument with sound but no sound from the video ------ What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by ChuckR on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Re: Recording with ASIO

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

When you say no sound from the video, what do you mean? I've only used video once in Mixcraft and as far as I can remember, you had a separate audio track to run alongside the video. The video track was just that...a video track. I could be mistaken. Haven't used it for a few months so just getting reacquainted.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
ChuckR

Post by ChuckR »

In Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio I go to the Video Tab at the top, Add a video file, then I choose what .mp4 file I want loaded, it then adds the video track and audio track. I arm the audio track and click on Show Video Window. I click on the Play button and everything works perfect it plays the video and plays the music. As soon as I click on the record button the music sound quits but the video will keep playing (without sound) and I can still play my instrument with sound.
ChuckR

Post by ChuckR »

OK, problem solved. If I don't arm the Audio Track everything works perfect. Now it shows the video file with sound and I can play along with the video as I record.
Now how do I mark this subject as Solved?
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Edit your post and just add 'solved' after the title :wink:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio