mixcraft Mac support!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

DJ Housefly

mixcraft Mac support!

Post by DJ Housefly »

Mac support!

I’ve been using Mixcraft for 10 years on my studio Windows computer. this has been been fine and dandy for the most part, but since production has become so integral in my career, concerns have arisen with increasing pressure from collaboration work and labels,with many collaborators residing in the west coast of the US (I live in the east coast of Canada).

My personal laptop is a Mac. 10 years ago I bought a Windows desktop since finding out that Mixcraft is windows-only.

wondering now what the case against making Mixcraft Mac-compatible is? I wouldn’t want to have to bring my recording studio if my career brought me to LA.

I’ve never been a fan of Windows laptops so I wouldn’t consider that as an alternative even after being a loyal Pro Studio user for so long.

Housefly
Rolling Estonian

Re: mixcraft Mac support!

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Not really much point as Apple has Garage Band for free and Logic after that. I'm assuming that Acoustica has weighed it and figured it wasn't worth the overhead.

M
DJ Housefly

Post by DJ Housefly »

GarageBand and Mixcraft are radically different and as far as I'm concerned Mixcraft is no longer the Windows alternative of GarageBand, even if it used to be branded that way more heavily. Mixcraft over the years has grown to be far more powerful and capable than GarageBand because of Acoustica's regular updating and extended versions (Pro Studio, Recording Studio) whereas GarageBand is becoming obsolete and unusable.

The phrase that Mixcraft is the 'windows version of GarageBand' is increasingly invalid and doesn't argue against the case for making Mixcraft available on Mac.

Housefly
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The main problem is that we'd basically have to start from scratch; we can't just quickly port the code over to Macintosh.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
RollingStone

Post by RollingStone »

DJ Housefly wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:50 pm wondering now what the case against making Mixcraft Mac-compatible is?
manpower., manpower, manpower..

acoustica is a small company and with every build there are tons of new bugs in the software that have to be fixed and the list of user feature suggestions is long as well.

to be honest i don't see a mixcraft for mac under these circumstances. but as a windows user i'm not sad.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Sounds like the makings of a new product. Acoustica Macraft.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

You could try Boot camp too.

M
Peterg707

Post by Peterg707 »

I have always used a PC for day-to-day stuff, and get around much easier on a PC than a Mac.
Having spent a lot of time in recording studios since I was in high school, I'm comfortable with the analog workflow. Years ago I used P-Tools on a mac, but ditched it when it became too expensive to upgrade. After that I tried Reaper, Ableton, Bitwig, and have found them too confusing or difficult to get set up. On a lark, I tried mixcraft and haven't looked back. It's SO easy to figure out, navigate and most importantly, get ideas down.

I know a good number of Mac people who are ditching p-Tools and switching to logic, but they are having a hard time setting up and learning logic (believe it or not). When I show them Mixcraft 9, they love it! They tell me they would switch to it in a heartbeat if there were a Mac version. Bootcamp isn't really convenient because it's Windows in a mac.

I think if it were possible to make a Mac version of Mixcraft, there would be a huge positive response and a lot of people switching to mixcraft.
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

jwarv wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:10 am Sounds like the makings of a new product. Acoustica Macraft.
Or Macoustica Mixcraft
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have any plans to make a Mac version of Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101