Finding vst3 plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

heks

Finding vst3 plugins

Post by heks »

I'm starting to get new plugins that are only vst3 and I'm having problems with Mixcraft "seeing" them. One I'm trying to load right now is Gainmatch. With vst2 plugins that are not listed I've found I can drag the plugin to Mixcrafts interface and it is then listed, that dosent seem to work with vst3's. I'd have though it would have been easier with vst3 plugins as they have to go in (C) Program Files> Common Files > VST3. Any ideas how I can get Mixcraft to "see" this and any other plugins that I've not noticed missing so far (easily done as I have a lot,, I think Greg said "I had a bazillion") thanks in advance.
Mark Bliss

Re: Finding vst3 plugins

Post by Mark Bliss »

Make sure Mixcraft is set to scan those folders in the plug-in preferences.
Also, are you trying to load 64bit plug-ins from 32bit Mixcraft or something like that perhaps?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
heks

Post by heks »

Thanks for asking Mark, but Mixcraft 9 by default scans vst3 and is doing so for other plugins. They are all 64 bit (not positive, but I think steinberg hath decreed it so ) . I have another host that is vst2 only , so use metaplugin to use vst3's that only come in that veriant and it see gainmatch fine, but its a bit ungainly as gainmatch sits at both ends of the plugin chain to work. I hadn't noticed, or been that bothered with other plugins that had not shown up, as I had vst2 versions, but I'd like to get this particular plugin working if possible and if there is a problem within Mixcraft its best sorted out now before vst3 is the defacto format.
heks

Post by heks »

Opened up Studio One 4, found gainmatch vst3 and relicensed it (just incase), but still not visible in mixcraft 9.
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Gainmatch

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 - explicitly add this to the Mixcraft 9
Screenshot 2020-09-21 113747.png
Screenshot 2020-09-21 113747.png (74.71 KiB) Viewed 5862 times
Add Gainmatch as an effect
heks

Post by heks »

How did you get that ? What does, "explicitly add this to the Mixcraft 9" mean ?
I've searched fx in Mixcraft as I was going to add it to my mastering favorites folder thingy and I've dragged the plugin onto the interface as I found mixcraft would add a vst2's fine that way, but said something similar to "plugin needed installing properly" when I did that with gainmatch. it shows up in studio One 4 fine.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

VST3 plugins are different in that they all use one of the following folders:

\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
\Program Files\Common Files (x86)\VST3

Did you allow it to install there?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Sorry I was in a rush when I posted.

What I meant was:

In Windows, locate the vst3 plugin - on my laptop, it is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
In Mixcraft, add this location in Mixcraft Preferences - Plugins as shown above.

Screenshot 2020-09-21 185514.png
Screenshot 2020-09-21 185514.png (79.7 KiB) Viewed 5847 times
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-09-21 190152.png
Screenshot 2020-09-21 190152.png (70.29 KiB) Viewed 5847 times
heks

Post by heks »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:56 am Hi,

VST3 plugins are different in that they all use one of the following folders:

\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
\Program Files\Common Files (x86)\VST3

Did you allow it to install there?

Greg
Yes its in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. It's not an installer, you have to put the contents of download in the vst3 folder, which I have done. What I cannot understand is why other DAW's and vst hosts "see" Gainmatch and Mixcraft doesn't. I've just read DaveyWavey's post, I know you have to tell mixcraft where your vst2 plugins are, but isn't vst3 always the same and scanned without user input?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Click on Mixcraft's File menu and select Manage Plug-Ins and see if it's in there, but disabled. If it is you can add a check mark and restart Mixcraft.

If that doesn't help, quit Mixcraft and send in your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
courtjestr

Post by courtjestr »

I just tried installing GainMatch too and thought it wasn't loading. I looked at the log file and realized it was loading as "LM GainMatch" not "GainMatch". I was looking to find it with the other plugins starting with G when in fact it as with the Ls.
heks

Post by heks »

I was looking at both plugins that started with G and LM and until this last rescan it did not show, but it is now after a crash, then another rescan that scanned the whole folder. All's well. :D