Plug in failure

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bryzar

Plug in failure

Post by bryzar »

Hi guys
I have been having issues with various plug- ins failing to load on start up of project..eg "unable to load.." "detected a problem with.."
pop ups etc..
I have to save the project then restart the project then re click the enable/disable tick box for the plug in concerned..
so its a bit frustrating .. :? I have Mixcraft Pro studio 9 64 bit Build 462 ..all plug-ins are 3rd party,.
I have even re installed pro 9 but without luck.. this problem has only come to surface in the past 6 weeks :?:
Hope you can shed some light on this issue
Txs
bryan
Acoustica Greg

Re: Plug in failure

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure you're not using a super high or super low sample rate in sound device preferences. Some plugins don't work properly with less common sample rates. 44100 Hz and 48000 Hz should be compatible with most all plugins.

If that's not the issue... did you add a new plugin around the time this started happening? A tricky thing about plugins is that a buggy plugin can send bad data to the next plugin in the chain and cause that plugin to crash.

You can click on Mixcraft's File menu, select Manage Plug-Ins, then disable any plugins you're suspicious of. Restart Mixcraft and see if the problem is gone. If it is, you can narrow it down by enabling plugins one by one.

Take a look at any freebie plugins first. With more established commercial plugins, make sure that they are installed correctly and are up to date.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bryzar

Re: Plug in failure

Post by bryzar »

Hi greg
I followed your advice and isolated the plug ins causing the problems. I re-installed them and all is good.
Thanks again for your continued support.
Bryan.