Playback issues with Mixcraft 9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JazzKitten

Playback issues with Mixcraft 9

Post by JazzKitten »

Hi there
I'm new to this forum and also new to Mixcraft. I bought it because my husband has been using it for several years and rates it very highly.
I'm working on my first project which consists of 9 tracks, one of which is an audio drums track.
Yesterday the project was playing back perfectly and today when I have come to it, the playback reaches bar 29 every time it stops. It doesn't stutter, which I know my husband has reported in the past before he upgraded his computer. This laptop has an Intel Core i7 so it should be capable of handling this number of tracks, and besides the CPU monitor does not go about 5% for Mixcraft, or 12% for the System. I've closed everything down in the background and made the sounds settings exclusive.

Despite this, when the playback reaches bar 29 every time, it stops and looks as if it is about to crash. I then have to wait several minutes before I can stop playback or do anything else. I've tried saving, closing, reopening, rebooting, reinstalling the software and it is still doing the same.
Other tracks don't seem to have this problem so I wonder if it could be something to do with the track...corrupt? and if so, is there a way of fixing it?
I'd appreciate any help or comments at all.
Thanks folks, and it is great to meet you here.
Wendy
JonInc

Re: Playback issues with Mixcraft 9

Post by JonInc »

JazzKitten wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:37 am ... Other tracks don't seem to have this problem so I wonder if it could be something to do with the track...corrupt? and if so, is there a way of fixing it?
Two possibilities: 1) Some background task is starting at a time coinciding with bar 29 and causing glitches, or 2) A corrupt track (IMO, the more likely cause). The only way to fix this is to isolate the part that's broken, then remove/re-record it.
JazzKitten

Post by JazzKitten »

Thanks JOn, sorry for late reply. I have removed and re done the part in question and it worked. Thanks for your help!
w
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Be sure to update to build 469.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101