Sadly I have to leave Mixcraft because they dont support WAVES plugins..

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JHutch420

Sadly I have to leave Mixcraft because they dont support WAVES plugins..

Post by JHutch420 »

This is a sad day for me.. I have used Mixcraft since Mixcraft 5. Its been like 7-9 years now maybe longer not sure. Cant remember if I came in on 4 or 5, but thats neither here nor there.

I have gotten many friends to buy this program. I buy it the same week its released every new release. I know Mixcraft pretty well and I love the workflow for my style of editing in Mixcraft. Simple things that Im now learning after using other DAWS like having such an easy way to add lanes to 1 track, or having a Play button at the top left of every clip.. just makes life a lot easier for me and how I do things.

Recently I have been buying WAVES plugins which cannot be refunded. These are my best plugins that have the best quality for my editing. Sadly, Mixcraft does not officially support WAVES plugins and no matter which one I use, it causes very weird issues/bugs/crashes. Ive tried 32bit/64bit versions... VST/VST3... Ive tried updating... Ive tried changing up my audio preferences. Nothing works.

So since Ive already spent a lot of money on plugins I am being forced to switch daws. I chose Reaper, and while its a nice daw with a lot of new features Im not used to that I definately could see myself using, its very cumbersome compared to Mixcraft. Adding lanes is a nightmare and in no way works the way Mixcrafts lanes do by snapping clips into each lane giving a better organized feeling, and the ability to just add an empty lane then add a clip to it and then be able to move a clip into any lane FLAWLESSLY. Reaper also has no way, as far as I know so far Im still learning, to just play a selected clip. You must either mute all other clips in front, or behind that clip, or mute out other tracks all together to only hear a selected clip.

Maybe Im just stuck in my ways and Im just used to doing things 1 way. But as far as I can already tell, the options dont exist in Reaper.

SO I HAVE A QUESTION.... 1 Question

When will Mixcraft officially support WAVES Plugins so I can come back home...? :cry:
freightgod

Re: Sadly I have to leave Mixcraft because they dont support WAVES plugins..

Post by freightgod »

I just searched all of your forum posts to find out if you had started a discussion concerning your issues with Waves plug-ins but I don't see any. Other users have been using Waves plug-ins and recommending them for years. I don't have any currently installed but it seems to me I've used them before and I can't remember them not working with Mixcraft.

What are you on about?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I can't find any recent support tickets, either.

As always, the devil is in the details.

Most Waves plugins should work, there are a couple of known issues:

1. You can't use all the features of Waves Tune.
2. Waves instruments show up as effects because of their determination to put everything in a shell, and because of Mixcraft's inability to tell that there's an instrument in the shell.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I could never get Wave "One Knob Pumper" to work in Mixcraft, but it was a freebie and its not something I would likely ever use if it did work.

Other than that issue, I have somewhere around 30 Waves titles, some of which I like and use regularly, all so far have worked fine for me...

I would suggest that without more info, the OP's problems cannot be properly addressed. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
JHutch420

Post by JHutch420 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:38 am Hi,

I can't find any recent support tickets, either.

As always, the devil is in the details.

Most Waves plugins should work, there are a couple of known issues:

1. You can't use all the features of Waves Tune.
2. Waves instruments show up as effects because of their determination to put everything in a shell, and because of Mixcraft's inability to tell that there's an instrument in the shell.

Greg
I did have a support ticket that discussed this issue while using Waves Siblance, you were the one to respond to that ticket Greg lol. Nothing was ever resolved because 1, I thought I found a workaround but it ended up still not working, and 2, WAVES isnt officially supported by Mixcraft so I just chalked it up.

The last time I asked about why my DAW kept crashing, I was told to send in my crash report, I did, and I was told it was because another effect "Pultronic Tube EQ" was producing a "notanumber" and that siblance was at fault. I was told to freeze the tracks containing waves siblance, but this was counter productive as I couldnt keep editing the clips while frozen, so I didnt even attempt that solution as even if it did work, it wasnt going to work "for me".

Now Im using a new waves plugin, Waves Tune Real-Time which only comes in VST3 format, no regular VST, so there isnt even an option to try a 32bit version of the plugin.

Ill submit another ticket as 1 final try to keep using this daw that I love so much..

And I mean, Ive never really had issues with Mixcraft until Mixcraft 9 Pro. Ill only have 4 or 5 tracks with like 5 effects each and the entire daws visuals will run at like 3 frames per second. I do the same thing in Mixcraft 8 Pro, no issue. In fact, Waves Siblance worked for like 5 months in Mixcraft 8 Pro, then 1 day it just started repeatedly crashing the program, or muting the plugin, over the span of 20 projects so it couldnt have been a corrupt project file or something. This always made me use my lower quality de-esser, antares sybil. This was what my last ticket was about..

I mean by all means if there is a way to fix this issue, I would LOVE to stay with Mixcraft..
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I think you mean to say Mixcraft isn't officially supported by Waves, not the other way around.

I tested both titles. I hadn't really tried tune real-time yet, but it seems to work fine in my tests.
I think the key issue here is that in order to run the latest versions of some titles, you need to sort out your 64bit issues. You may simply not have the computer resources to successfully run them?

However, I do recall having trouble with stability in the past running the Pultronic plug. So I found an alternative. A long time ago so memory isnt fresh. I think that was back when I used the 32 bit version of Mixcraft7.
I decided I needed to choose a path, 32 bit or 64. I ran MX8-32 exclusively for a long time. Then more and more I found myself wanting to use more modern 64 bit stuff.... I made the decision to migrate to MX8-64 and now MX9-64 with 64 bit plugs pretty much exclusively. I do still get some collab projects that are mixed though. More (usually minor) bugs pop up in those too.
I haven't opened 32 bit Mixcraft in an age... (Note to self, overdue to delete those builds)

Not sure if any of this helps, just sharing my experiences.

Waves test.png
Waves test.png (864.46 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
JHutch420

Post by JHutch420 »

Mark Bliss wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:43 am I think you mean to say Mixcraft isn't officially supported by Waves, not the other way around.

I tested both titles. I hadn't really tried tune real-time yet, but it seems to work fine in my tests.
I think the key issue here is that in order to run the latest versions of some titles, you need to sort out your 64bit issues. You may simply not have the computer resources to successfully run them?

However, I do recall having trouble with stability in the past running the Pultronic plug. So I found an alternative. A long time ago so memory isnt fresh. I think that was back when I used the 32 bit version of Mixcraft7.
I decided I needed to choose a path, 32 bit or 64. I ran MX8-32 exclusively for a long time. Then more and more I found myself wanting to use more modern 64 bit stuff.... I made the decision to migrate to MX8-64 and now MX9-64 with 64 bit plugs pretty much exclusively. I do still get some collab projects that are mixed though. More (usually minor) bugs pop up in those too.
I haven't opened 32 bit Mixcraft in an age... (Note to self, overdue to delete those builds)

Not sure if any of this helps, just sharing my experiences.

Waves test.png
My PC is far beyond capable of running 5 tracks with waves siblance. Also Mixcraft reports 10% cpu usage and 5% (maybe vice versa) memory usage during the crashes. So its not a hardware issue. I would include my Mixcraft log file in the attachments, but the adding files option doesnt allow me to add text files so.

Also, this issue happens with or without Pultronic Tube EQ. Anytime Siblance or WAVES Tune is on (seems to be moreso when its multiple instances of the effect) it will either cause the whole daw to crash without any type of error code, just freezes up, boom, lost w.e work I was doing, or it will cause other strange issues like loud beeping upon opening a project, mute itself upon opening or playing a project, or cause other effects that follow after it in the chain to fail (similar to how siblance gave pultronic tube eq bad info so it kept muting both of the effects).

I know its only WAVES plugins causing issues because if I dont use them there are no issues other than the typical problems I have. Like have 5 tracks with 5 effects each and Mixcraft acts like its dying and runs very choppy and runs at like 5 frames per second, but the resource monitor says usage is below 10% for cpu and memory. SO I never understood that one either but thats a different issue. No its not an audio buffer issue either as Ive tried very high, and very low latency setups and the issue is the same.

Also, sometimes Ill open a project and all the effects will work fine for an hour, maybe a little less. Other times I open the project and the waves plugins get immediately muted. Or Ill start zooming in on a clip and the program will freeze up. The zooming in/freezing up issue only happens while using Waves Tune.

Or the weirdest one, the plugins will work during the entire mixing process, then when I go to render down the mix, when the render is complete mixcraft will say "We ran into an issue with this Plugin and it has been muted" and then the plugin will not be in the rendered mix..

All of these issues have happened within a 1 hour period at some points....... Its very annoying.

I rebuilt entire projects in Reaper, using the same effects, not 1 issue at all. So I know its contained to Mixcraft and the plugins/my pc/my hardware/software/ work as advertised. And Im sorry if I seem flustered but I really am as I do NOT want to switch daws......

CPU- Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU- 2060 Super
RAM- 16gb ddr4 3000mhz
STORAGE- 250gb Samsung 860 Evo (boot drive) 1tb Samsung 860 QVO (storage) 500gb HDD for random storage
WINDOWS- Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
AUDIO INTERFACE- Focusrite Solo 1st Gen
EXTERNAL PREAMP/EFFECTS CHAIN- DBX 286s
MIC- Blue Spark XLR
RECORDING SOFTWARE- Mixcraft 9 pro Build no. 462
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

JHutch420 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:18 pm
My PC is far beyond capable of running 5 tracks with waves siblance. Also Mixcraft reports 10% cpu usage and 5% (maybe vice versa) memory usage during the crashes. So its not a hardware issue. I would include my Mixcraft log file in the attachments, but the adding files option doesnt allow me to add text files so.
Theres little use in posting them here, thats best submitted in a support ticket, for interpretation by the support staff. Working with them is generally the best way to track down some of the more obscure problems.

I can tell you that the cpu usage data does not always reveal all resource problems. But looking at your listed specs, resources should not be the issue, unless its some specific configuration incompatability.

Sometimes running multiple incidences of complex processes can be a problem, despite low indicated cpu usage in my experience.

I will continue to test with the specific Waves titles mentioned, and see if I can duplicate any issues.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
popbaby

Post by popbaby »

I can attest to the same issues as well. Waves plugins will constantly mute themselves or crash sessions completely, including on mix down, which sometimes renders a loud sound out the beginning of the track. I tried Reaper for a few hours and was not impressed, but did not have the same issues.

JHutch420 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:35 pm This is a sad day for me.. I have used Mixcraft since Mixcraft 5. Its been like 7-9 years now maybe longer not sure. Cant remember if I came in on 4 or 5, but thats neither here nor there.

I have gotten many friends to buy this program. I buy it the same week its released every new release. I know Mixcraft pretty well and I love the workflow for my style of editing in Mixcraft. Simple things that Im now learning after using other DAWS like having such an easy way to add lanes to 1 track, or having a Play button at the top left of every clip.. just makes life a lot easier for me and how I do things.

Recently I have been buying WAVES plugins which cannot be refunded. These are my best plugins that have the best quality for my editing. Sadly, Mixcraft does not officially support WAVES plugins and no matter which one I use, it causes very weird issues/bugs/crashes. Ive tried 32bit/64bit versions... VST/VST3... Ive tried updating... Ive tried changing up my audio preferences. Nothing works.

So since Ive already spent a lot of money on plugins I am being forced to switch daws. I chose Reaper, and while its a nice daw with a lot of new features Im not used to that I definately could see myself using, its very cumbersome compared to Mixcraft. Adding lanes is a nightmare and in no way works the way Mixcrafts lanes do by snapping clips into each lane giving a better organized feeling, and the ability to just add an empty lane then add a clip to it and then be able to move a clip into any lane FLAWLESSLY. Reaper also has no way, as far as I know so far Im still learning, to just play a selected clip. You must either mute all other clips in front, or behind that clip, or mute out other tracks all together to only hear a selected clip.

Maybe Im just stuck in my ways and Im just used to doing things 1 way. But as far as I can already tell, the options dont exist in Reaper.

SO I HAVE A QUESTION.... 1 Question

When will Mixcraft officially support WAVES Plugins so I can come back home...? :cry:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Next time it happens, quit Mixcraft and submit a support ticket with your Mixcraft-log.txt file attached.,

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Doric

Post by Doric »

The vagaries of technology. I have 30+ wave plugins...and no issues with any of them?