Ringing Tone

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

CarloAngelo

Ringing Tone

Post by CarloAngelo »

Hi,
Lately I've been noticing a ringing tone when I use mixcraft on my laptop. It's most prominent everytime the kick drum hits. It's as if there's a ring modulator on the master channel. A PC restart seems to fix the problem, only to return again after a while. Ang ideas what causes this?
Thanks
cactus-head

Re: Ringing Tone

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

Do you have external hardware connected or do you have multiple midi software connected?

For me, I have a hardware keyboard that has 4 layers that can all be set to independent midi channels for a single patch. If I play the keyboard and record a track, all four layers might be recorded (because of the separate MIDI channels) onto the the same track if that track is set to record OMNI (all channels). This in essence plays the exact same note 4 times simultaneously on watever instrument/vst etc. is set to playback the recorded MIDI. This causes a weird phasing effect where sometimes the notes can sound really weird or intermitently drop out.

Double check to make sure you have only a single instance of the MIDI information on a single track.

Another possibility is you are having some kind of MIDI feedback. Your output and your input MIDI ports are the same.
CarloAngelo

Post by CarloAngelo »

thanks for the reply...
nope, no hardware at all.
I do have this plugin that maps a certain scale to the white keys (laptop keyboard)
i removed it but the ringing is still there, unfortunately
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you hear it if you solo the track?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101