Request for scroll bar design change for mixcraft 9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cactus-head

Request for scroll bar design change for mixcraft 9

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

This isn't a show stopper but has been a frustration of mine since mixcraft 9. It's always difficult to tell which part of the scroll bar is the actual movable part nd which is the background. The ultra flat design makes both sections too similar and hard to distinguish. Light vs dark display doesn't really make any difference... and the bar itself blends into other areas of the screen until you scroll onto the bar itself. Please,make the scroll bar itself have a shadow or some small 3d look so it is immediately distiguisable from everything else on the screen. There's always a second or two hunt and trial to make sure I've found the bar and am clicking on the correct part to drag.

I've always found this to be a real frustration and something simple like an easily identifiable and accessible scroll bar could be beneficial to others as well.

In general, the flat and monochrome design of the mixcraft 9 DAW makes it a bit harder to work than previously. I tried to get used to the 9 theme but have switched to the Mixcraft 8 theme; but the design of 9 and the current trends in UI suggest it won't be available in the future.

Thank you
Mark Bliss

Re: Request for scroll bar design change for mixcraft 9

Post by Mark Bliss »

What build are you running?

The contrast of the scroll bars was improved noticeably at build 461 or 462. Much more visible. Previously very difficult to discern.

No need for any 3d or fancy solution though IMO...
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Build 462

I would like a differenciating factor in the scroll bar from the rest of the monochrome layout. I've used plenty of programs in my life to know what does and doesn't affect my workflow. And the scroll bars in mixcraft 9 affect my workflow however slightly. It doesn't bring anything to a grinding hault, but it would be a nice option.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

The previous contrast drove me nuts, so I do understand.
Its like many programs and Windows10 seem to think hiding everything is the ideal. I hate it.
But I thought the improved contrast in the newer builds of Mixcraft helped significantly.

Your saying more contrast would help you.
It certainly wouldnt hurt.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

You can edit them manually using a photo editor. Search the mixrez folder for "scroll-bars-xxx.png".

Or you can swap most any MC9 file with MC8 files. MC8 files are in the mixrez/skins/mix8 folder.

Back up or save any originals you change.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Like I said, it's not a show stopper, just would be a nice to have kinda thing as an option.

I know somewhere on the forums there was some discussion about maintaining or creating skins - it would be great if there was an editor.

Thanks