Guitar Plug In Required

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Scottuf

Guitar Plug In Required

Post by Scottuf »

Hey.
I'm new here.
Not sure if anyone has looked for this before but I'm after a plug in or the perfect way to set up an amp on the simulator thats build in.
I'm looking for a nice clean guitar sound for a chorus. Like a distortion but not to much. A song called "Stay by Florica Georgia line" the chorus guitar.
Thanks
Rolling Estonian

Re: Guitar Plug In Required

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Mixcraft has an amp sim called Shred, it's in the vst list. Every situation is different, every sim is different but the exact sound you need shouldn't be too difficult to get by starting clean and adding from there.

M
cactus-head

Re: Guitar Plug In Required

Post by cactus-head »

Hi Scottuf,

Like Rolling Estonian said, it really depends on what you're trying to do and how much tweaking of the sound.

A quick setup that might meet your description:

On your guitar track, choose the effects chain "Acoustic Guitar - Clean Wide Chorus." This doesn't mean you have to use an acoustic guitar. At the bottom of the chain add "Voxengo Boogex Amp Simulator" and choose the preset Smooth Drive. Drag this effect up the chain so it's right after the Classic Compressor. Should give you a nice smooth overdriven guitar with some chorus and a bit of reverb out of the box. Season all the effects to taste.