Potential bug with Guitar Rig 6

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

notnotant

Potential bug with Guitar Rig 6

Post by notnotant »

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this issue, but whenever I load up guitar rig 6 and try typing into the search, it ends up registering double key presses. This also happens when copying and pasting components (e.g. copied a noise gate from one instance and pasted into another instance of the plugin and it pasted two noise gates).

An image probably isn't the best example but here I've only press 'g' once and it's printed twice into the search.
gg.png
gg.png (48.12 KiB) Viewed 7728 times
I've tried running Guitar Rig 6 in standalone and also by adding it to a track in Cubase Elements and I don't get the same issue, which leads me to wonder if it's an issue with Mixcraft?

All the best,

Ant
RaveyDavey

Re: Potential bug with Guitar Rig 6

Post by RaveyDavey »

The same thing happens for me too.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

If you're running vst3 try vst2 and make sure it's 64bit if you're running 64bit. Just a thought?

M
notnotant

Post by notnotant »

RaveyDavey wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:12 am The same thing happens for me too.
Glad it's not just me then ha!
Rolling Estonian wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:10 pm If you're running vst3 try vst2 and make sure it's 64bit if you're running 64bit. Just a thought?

M
The plugin is 64 bit (they don't provide a 32 bit plugin for this VST as far as I can tell), however I'm not sure if it's a VST2 or VST3 plugin type. They don't provide any options during installation. My guess would be that it's VST3 though.

I wonder is there anyway that a developer could take a look into this issue possibly?
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Maybe video driver? Did it start recently?

M
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Are you still having problems with this? I just downloaded it and am holding back on using it.
notnotant

Post by notnotant »

jwarv wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:40 pm Are you still having problems with this? I just downloaded it and am holding back on using it.
Hey Jwarv,
I contacted support and they passed the bug onto the dev team so hopefully in the next update it might be fixed. As for now it's still present.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

notnotant wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:59 pm
jwarv wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:40 pm Are you still having problems with this? I just downloaded it and am holding back on using it.
Hey Jwarv,
I contacted support and they passed the bug onto the dev team so hopefully in the next update it might be fixed. As for now it's still present.
Ooh, good to know. Thanks. Keep us posted.
metoo0716

Post by metoo0716 »

Was this ever fixed. I have it and never did anything about it, but its too the point hat its so annoying. It's prolly not a mixcraft issue since no other plugins do this. I have posted at NI as well. Even if you type what y ou want and copy and paste it paste it twice. So If I go to notepad and type 'solo' and copy paste it pastes, 'solosolo'. If I type solo it comes out as ssoolloo
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I don't think anything changed on our end. Check to make sure you have the latest update for Guitar Rig.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
notnotant

Post by notnotant »

Hello!

Sorry, I haven't been around for a while! Long story short is my contracting was going well, and I picked up Cubase Pro and have been using that for a quite a while. I recently had an urge to load up Mixcraft again. There are so many useful features in both DAWs that I want to try experimenting in both to see how I get on with workflows.

Just updated Mixcraft and Guitar Rig 6 Pro and had some interesting results. The Non-VST3 version of the plugin still does this but the VST3 version looks to be fixed! :D Just for clarification, that's Guitar Rig Pro 6 version 6.2.3 running in Mixcraft 9 Studio Version 9.0 64 Bit Build 470.
2022-06-26 21-30-49.mp4
(510.72 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
silveralex

Post by silveralex »

Thanks for this! This has been bugging me since I got GR6!