Help with EZ Drummer 2 separate tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Jimolson

Help with EZ Drummer 2 separate tracks

Post by Jimolson »

Looking for help- getting Mixcraft to set up with separate channels. I know there is an easy way to set this as a starting template. I know to set the EZ Drummer to multi outputs. and I see how to add child tracks, however I really want EZ Drummer to align with a starting template. For example, Track One Kick, Track two Snare, Track three Toms, etc......................

It seems like I have done this in the past sucessfully & I've been struggling for a few hours now.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
TrevsAudio

Re: Help with EZ Drummer 2 separate tracks

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi!
If you've set EZDrummer to multi-outs, by default it will display as a submix track - parent and child tracks. So EZD MIDI would be track 1, kick 1.2, snare 1.3 etc. I don't think there is any way to display them as separate tracks outside the parent... but I'm open to correction from my learned friends :D
I personally don't set it up this way and prefer just a single stereo track and all the tweaking is done within the EZD software itself.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

In the mixer of EZD2 I have numbered the numbers in order, they have it sort of random, this creates the same child tracks in MC then I just save the template, four kits four presets pads and all! I don't think you can have each individual drum as a full track unless you want to open an EZD vsti on that many tracks.

M
MikeDVI

Post by MikeDVI »

trevlyns wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:38 pm I personally don't set it up this way and prefer just a single stereo track and all the tweaking is done within the EZD software itself.
trevlyns - with apologies to the OP if I appear to be hijacking the thread, but this is exactly what I do in EZ and also superior, but I did not know you could still mix in EZ (or Superior) with it set to a single stereo track. All this time!

I never opened those child tracks anyway!

Mike
MX10.5 Pro Studio B 586. Presonus 1818vsl AI, Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 64-GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 2060, 1 and 2 TB SSD’s + 1 and 2 TB spinner sata’s, cookies and coffee.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

You're welcome Mike :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Jimolson

Post by Jimolson »

Thanks everyone. It looks as though the child tracks is the best way to go. I also hit the config tab in the VST plug in so it only shows the tracks I need
Otisweed

Post by Otisweed »

Hi everyone - sorry dumb question here - I can get EZD2 into MC9 and can then see the child tracks. (Solo them, add effects etc - all good, no worries)

But what I want to do at that point is convert each child track to an audio file - which I can't seem to do. - is this even possible in 9 or am I missing something? I know you can do this in Studio One easily but hoping this is doable in MC as I REALLY don't want to try and learn a new thing - I otherwise love the MC recording experience. Cheers CC