Is there an "immediate" record mode

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cactus-head

Is there an "immediate" record mode

Post by cactus-head »

Hello,

Is there an immediate record mode with metronome already playing (is there a way to have the metronome playing when the project isn't playing?)

What I would want is to mark a position where I want to record, have the metronome clicking and chiming infinitely - until I'm ready to hit a record button, and when I press that button, recording starts at that moment.

I'm not talking about a count in where the previous measures play, I'm talking about a recording mode where the metronome continues to count and I hit record at any time. The action will reset the metronome and start recording immediately.
jwarv

Re: Is there an "immediate" record mode

Post by jwarv »

cactus-head wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:07 pm Hello,

Is there an immediate record mode with metronome already playing (is there a way to have the metronome playing when the project isn't playing?)

What I would want is to mark a position where I want to record, have the metronome clicking and chiming infinitely - until I'm ready to hit a record button, and when I press that button, recording starts at that moment.

I'm not talking about a count in where the previous measures play, I'm talking about a recording mode where the metronome continues to count and I hit record at any time. The action will reset the metronome and start recording immediately.
I'm not sure exactly, but could this be done with punch in? But you don't want the transporter moving until you're ready. I think I asked this question before. I wanted the metronome to click independently so I can practice a song to it. I cant remember the answer, but I'll do a search of topics...

OK, I checked and, as of now, I can see no provision to run the metronome without it playing. It would be nice to have a tick box to turn that option on or off, however.

As far as "recording immediately" goes, you can do that now. Just arm the track and when you're ready hit record or "R" on the keyboard. But you already knew that. 8)
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Here's a free metronome plugin. https://www.nch.com.au/metronome/index. ... 0Metronome

I don't know if it integrates with daws, but it may give you the independent click track you want.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Thanks jwarv,

I'll check out the metronome plugin.