Recording: Help! It won't let me record. (UPDATE)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Shane

Recording: Help! It won't let me record. (UPDATE)

Post by Shane »

December 1, 2020; 1:44 AM

It'll only record when I run the program as an administrator. Is there a way that I can fix it to where I don't have to run it as an administrator each time? Thank you very much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well all I got it. I just ran the program as an administrator, and it started recording. I hope that its not just a temporary fix? You know? Anyway. Thank you for looking.

Hello All.

Okay, so I just, last night in fact, upgraded all the way up from Mixcraft 6 to Mixcraft 9. I want to make music for my YouTube Channel, and possibly make my own full length songs in the future. But, I've hit a snag.

Okay, so first off, after I plugged in my brand spanking new Samson G Track Pro condenser mic, I hit record in Mixcraft 9, and it told me that the project folder was invalid. Okay fine. So, I was able to create a new project folder, inside of the Mixcraft 9 folder after what seemed like an eternity of digging around and wracking my brain trying to figure out "What the Insert favorite expletive here"

Lo and behold, it worked! I was able to record voice tracks with my new mic, and all was right with the world! So, last night, it was working fine!

Today, all day at work, I was so excited to get home and lay down some guitar tracks, (my mic doubles as an audio interface)! I was on my way. So, I get home, fire up Mixcraft 9 and plug in my guitar and hit record...

But I got this instead:
Mixcraft Screenshot Error Message.png
Mixcraft Screenshot Error Message.png (93.34 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
I followed the advice, and even came here looking for help. Nothing has worked. I'm getting near my last straw. Help me out if you can? I'd really appreciate it. I love Mixcraft, but so far I'm having nothing but problems.

Thank you;

Getting Angry in Oregon
Last edited by Shane on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RaveyDavey

Re: Recording: Help! It won't let me record. (UPDATE)

Post by RaveyDavey »

Shane,

Have you tried changing the location of your recording files?
Recordings.png
Recordings.png (50.45 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
I created a folder on a different drive D:\Recordings and then used that location as you can see above
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The error message shows that you're trying to create files inside Mixcraft's Program Files folder, and that's what's causing this problem.

You must have changed the Default Project Folder setting. Go into Recording preferences, hit the Default Directory Button, then click OK and restart Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Shane

Post by Shane »

Ah, thank you so much for the help. I changed the default folder to one outside of the Programs Folder, and so far, so good. Thanks again y'all.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Here's what's happening: Microsoft is trying to protect you from viruses and malware, so any software that wants to put stuff in your Program Files folder needs administrative approval. It's also just good practice to keep your creations and your program files in different folders.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101