Reason Rack VST wont authorize on Mixcraft 9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tatanka

Reason Rack VST wont authorize on Mixcraft 9

Post by tatanka »

Hi,

hope someone already had same problem and found a solution, this drives me mad :-(.

I have the latest updates installed but still the same:

- when I load a reason rack vst into a project for the first time evrything is fine, I got the login screen and it works

- but evrytime I open the project again it hangs on the loading reason rack screen, the login screen dont appear, mixcraft hangs and I have to kill it with the task manager

- it dont help to open reason parallel which is authorized, that dont help for the rack

I have found some posts about changing the authorisation method but dont really get how to and I would prefer to stay to the direct authorisation cause in general it work.

I love the players, thinking about getting friction now in the black friday sale but its all useless if I cant use it in a mixcraft project and save :-((((
Acoustica Greg

Re: Reason Rack VST wont authorize on Mixcraft 9

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you contacted Reason about this issue?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Yes, more then a weak ago but no answer so far :-(.

I really cant imagine I am the only one having this problem cause it is BOTH on an old Notebook and my much newer PC. Only thing in common: win 10 and the newest Mixcraft 9 pro (.469 does not solve that problem) and Reason version.

The really strange thing is that it worked when adding it for the first time but not when re-opening the project with the included reason rack plugin.
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

As my second used DAW Mulab dont supports vst3 in general (and so not reason rack) I now had the idea to try it out in Unify. I loaded a reason rack, saved the patch as Unify layer, closed Unify, reopened, no problem, authorises automatially, evrything works. So I am sure now it is a Mixcraft problem.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Its it possible that you've got more than one copy of the plugin installed? We've seen this happen before, where an unregistered version of the plugin is being loaded when there's also a registered version installed.

Greg
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

You could try "codemeter". It's an authorization that lets you run Reason without having to login over the internet every time you open it. Maybe it is getting stuck with bringing up the login screen while opening a project.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... r-Download
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Thanks for the suggestions but that all dont solve my problem (and reason support seems none-existing, no answer so far).

The codemeter licensing dont help cause I need it on two pc and cant deauthorize evry time I switch cause I use on different places.

There is no other pluginversion (as there is only a vst3 version off the rack there is not even another one at all) and it is the first loaded in a new project.

With Unify evrything smart, it opens with no problems, after first time registered it dont even ask for login, I saved a preset, can open/close whatever. Close Unify, open, no problem at all.

I even tried to open that preset with Unify in Mixcraft, bang, hangs the same :( . So its definitely a mixcraft problem.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft can't make a plugin be registered or not.

Get it to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg