Sadly leaving MixCraft as my main DAW.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

squeakie

Sadly leaving MixCraft as my main DAW.

Post by squeakie »

Let me start by saying my decision to move to another DAW in no way reflects negatively on the program and the team at Acoustica. MixCraft is an AMAZING and very budget friendly DAW. The customer support Acoustica provides is also incredible. I think I’ve been a user since MC-6.

I won’t bore you guys with all the details, but I’m visually impaired. Not blind, but impaired (born with it). Unfortunately I’m at the point now that I need a DAW that’s more “visually friendly”. I’m using larger monitors, and have color coded my computer keybed.

I’m currently looking at PreSonus Studio One. I still plan on keeping and still using MixCraft (hell, I’ll still upgrade to MC-10 when that comes out). MixCraft will just have to be pushed to my secondary DAW.

Thanks for all the support members have given and questions answered by the support crew.

Sqk
Last edited by squeakie on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
TrevsAudio

Re: Sadly leaving MixCraft as my main DAW.

Post by TrevsAudio »

Be sorry to see you go squeakie - But I can identify; being 70 + with a cataract in one eye 8)
Also have a look at Reaper (free trial) and plenty of themes - some of which are high contrast.
Y'all come back for a visit from time to time now, ya hear? :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
squeakie

Re: Sadly leaving MixCraft as my main DAW.

Post by squeakie »

trevlyns wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:26 pm Be sorry to see you go squeakie - But I can identify; being 70 + with a cataract in one eye 8)
Also have a look at Reaper (free trial) and plenty of themes - some of which are high contrast.
Y'all come back for a visit from time to time now, ya hear? :D
Thx man! I was ok up till a few years ago, and been putting off making some studio changes.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,