high CPU load and small tip

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Impulseman

high CPU load and small tip

Post by Impulseman »

Hi,
Don't know if it has been mentioned already but I found out that, while Mixcraft 9 (Windows 10, 64 bits) is running and sometimes before a song is loaded, you see this system CPU raising up to 70% and staying, topping momentarily at 100%, then rolling down at 60 to 70%..., by opening (CTRL+ALT+DEL) Task Manager and let it run for a few seconds, then closing it, can really help bring down the CPU rating.
I tried this and got a cooler CPU rating for a few hours.
Seems to me that the Task manager forgets to unload closed apps sometimes which gives not only a false reading but an overload. By loading, (or reloading) the Task Manager, it then does it's job and lowers the charge on the CPU.
System keeps it's high load up until I remind him to make his job.
Hope it helps a little.
You can also clear the Applications History also in Task Manager which could help give better ratings, that is, if nothing is working behind, but that you know already, lol
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
jwarv

Re: high CPU load and small tip

Post by jwarv »

Thanks, I'll try that. Happens to me all time.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

me, too. nice tip!

(wonders aloud if there's a windows command that would kill what windows task manager kills when you do this, so that it can happen in the background and possibly be run when starting Mixcraft.)
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

This is just a temporary solution, but, like the experts here say, "it depends on how much hosts (effects) you are using in your song." The more you use, the harder it gets for you system CPU. So follow the experts, guys

I suppose you could use a Task Manager Kill routine, but I prefer to do it manually.
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I'd highly recommend everyone taking a few minutes watching task manager just after a reboot and keep an eye out for anything unusual. My buddy was having spikes regularly, checked task manager and found a bit coin mining program running intermittently. There's also possibility of other programs running from the background that can be disabled in the start up tab. If you see anything hogging resources you can right tab on it and do a web search, most of the time it'll be windows doing background stuff (don't get me started on that!) but it could be something else.

Just my $.02 and fwiw.

M