Recording the same Komplete Kontrol instrument on several tracks.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

HawaiianEye

Recording the same Komplete Kontrol instrument on several tracks.

Post by HawaiianEye »

1.) On track ONE: I open instrument, which opens a Window.
2.) I text in Komplete Kontrol and select, which opens another window,
3.) Komplete Kontrol, I choose: Picked Acoustic, which opens another window,
4.) Featuring all the Picked Acoustic parameters, where I can choose a specific instrument to record. YAY! This is fine!

So, on the next track (2), I wish to record another selection from the same "Picked Acoustic" instrument.
There are already many windows open. I can close most of them.
But, can I re-use the already opened "Picked Instrument" Window,
assigning it to the new track Two? If so how?
Or must I start afresh?
Also, If I close ALL of track One's instrument windows, if I return to that track and specific instrument,
will I be able reopen the same parameter, without wondering what the heck I used?
Northfield.Lenox

Re: Recording the same Komplete Kontrol instrument on several tracks.

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Hi. As far as I know you need to 'start fresh' if you want to assign different NI instruments in Komplete Kontrol to separate tracks. I have the same situation, what I do is duplicate the track. You can then either have 2 of the same instrument or it makes it easier to change the instrument in Komplete as its already set up.

I have not used the Kontakt interface much as I like the keyboard integration in Komplete, but I think it offers multiple instruments in one instance assigned to different MIDI channels / lanes.
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

I can not confirm using komplete, but I can tell you if it was in Kontakt, you would be able to open up multiple instances of the plucked acoustic and assign them to different channels.
HawaiianEye

Post by HawaiianEye »

Northfield.Lenox wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:24 am Hi. As far as I know you need to 'start fresh' if you want to assign different NI instruments in Komplete Kontrol to separate tracks. I have the same situation, what I do is duplicate the track. You can then either have 2 of the same instrument or it makes it easier to change the instrument in Komplete as its already set up.

I have not used the Kontakt interface much as I like the keyboard integration in Komplete, but I think it offers multiple instruments in one instance assigned to different MIDI channels / lanes.
This helps! I just needed to know if there was a secret, unknown to me setting.
I can deal with this now by off stacking each track's Komplete window.
Thank You, N F Lenox!
HawaiianEye

Post by HawaiianEye »

bsheen74 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:48 am I can not confirm using komplete, but I can tell you if it was in Kontakt, you would be able to open up multiple instances of the plucked acoustic and assign them to different channels.
This is great to know! Thanks for your reply!