Can someone help a newbie how to install waves plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Philcos

Can someone help a newbie how to install waves plugins

Post by Philcos »

Hi, I am new to mixing.
I have mixcraft 8 pro studio, which I have been playing with for a while.
I finally decided to try a plugin first time.
I got a trial version of scheps omni channel from waves. I installed waves central and downloaded the plugin.
Now what???????
I spent the past 3 hours trying to get it to appear in my fx list and no luck.

Can someone please give me a step by step on how to do it.

Thanks, Carm
mixyguy2

Re: Can someone help a newbie how to install waves plugins

Post by mixyguy2 »

Sorry I can't help, but now you see why I gave up on Waves plugins; I've heard similar from people using many other DAWs, so it isn't the DAW. You might want to try asking on the KVR forum.
heks

Post by heks »

Please forgive me if you have tried this already and waves plugins can work in mysterious ways at times, but some are quite useful.
First, have you run Waves Central to install and activate your waves plugins?
If not have a look at waves site where there will be instructions , there some info here https://www.waves.com/downloads/central
If the installer has been run and plugin/s have been activated, check in, C, Programmes, Common Files, VST3, and look for any "WavesShell-vst file/s . That's the Waves shell or shells containing scheps omni channel in vst3 version and if that's there.
In Mixcrafts mixer, you should be able to click on the "+fx" button and scroll down the list to where omi channel is listed, it can then be clicked on to add to your selected channel.
I mention the vst3 version because all vst3 plugins should be installed in that one place (there are ways to install elsewhere using dynamic links ect but let's not get into that ). If your vst3 waves shell/s, are not in the vst3 folder, I'm not sure what's gone wrong. I have had a look in my vst3 folder and I have 11 vst3 waves shells so I'm not sure which is the one containing the omi plugin, but I just loaded it here to make sure it was ok and omi channel worked fine. Hope this helps and is not too confusing. :wink:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Similar to @heks tips:

Install and update waves central
With your DAW closed/not loaded- Run waves central, locate, install the waves titles you have purchased. Refer to the waves instructions.
Upon loading the daw, it will scan for plug-ins while loading.
If it still doesnt show up, open Mixcraft preferences/plug-ins and select "scan for plug-ins". Re-start Mixcraft. That usually works for me, but sometimes I have to manually point Mixcraft to the plug-in folders and re-start.

Tip: do not attempt to move or modify the waves folders. Allow the installer to use default locations. Any changes are a sure recipe for headaches.
I own the Omni Channel and dont recall having installation problems with that specific title, but agree that installation/authorization isnt waves strong point. I still have issues with them.
And note that some vst3 titles do not function properly. If given the choice in the fx menu, choose the vst2 version.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page