Unwanted pitch and tempo change on mixdown

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Davmichel

Unwanted pitch and tempo change on mixdown

Post by Davmichel »

Any help/suggestions really welcome. Having spent all night reading the manual (would be very helpful if it was searchable) I am stumped and feel like mixcraft is sucking the joy out of making music.
I have recorded a project using a library drum pattern, which I have looped.
I have set my project tempo to match the drum sample bpm.
I have then recorded bass and guitars as audio tracks.
When I listen back to the project, all is ok, the pitch is ok, everything syncs up, but
When I try to mix down to mp3 or stems, the result is changed tempo and pitch.
Please could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have spent a week recording this project and it is so frustrating having to scrap it and start over again
Can mixcraft 9 be 'reset' to original settings? Would this help? Page 97 of the manual shows a box that says 'use best sounding project tempo', this box does not appear when I drag loops into the grid, can I make this box appear?
Also, I am using a scarlett 2i2 audio interface. Should I select Asio or Core Audio when choosing an audio driver? Page 8 suggests the latter, so I'm confused about that.
In short, how do I convert my project files into an mp3 without having the tempo and key changed?
Sorry if I sound totally fed up with mixcraft, but it should be a simple thing to do, thank you
Rolling Estonian

Re: Unwanted pitch and tempo change on mixdown

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Davmichel

Post by Davmichel »

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that, but still no joy.
I'm not getting any help from mixcraft support, it's got to the stage where i would like a refund and a recommendation of a DAW that actually functions. Thanks for the suggestion though
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

For that interface, I would suggest the manufacturers asio driver for best results/lowest possible recording latency reasons.

For your mix down issue, try mixing down to wav, with the same sampling rate settings as your project.
If that works correctly, you should be able to convert the wav mix down to mp3 and be ok.
One way would be to import the wav into a new empty MX project and then mix down to mp3.

Occasionally some people have this issue, I am not sure what the cause is.
I dont use mp3 so saying it "never happens to me" would be unhelpful.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Davmichel wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:08 am Thanks for your reply. I've tried that, but still no joy.
I'm not getting any help from mixcraft support, it's got to the stage where i would like a refund and a recommendation of a DAW that actually functions. Thanks for the suggestion though
I replied to your support request, but you didn't reply whether my suggestion helped? If you didn't get my reply, check your spam filter. If it's not there, reply to your ticket again.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rocketslugz

Post by rocketslugz »

Hi,

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it by simply right-clicking on each track and selecting "Mix To New Audio Track".

That made each of my virtual instrument tracks an audio sample, and when I mixed the whole thing to mp3 it sounded how it sounded while making the track. A little annoying but thankfully gives you what you want.

Cheers