Midi learning problems-Arturia Keylab

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Anders Hauge

Midi learning problems-Arturia Keylab

Post by Anders Hauge »

Hey dear all Mixcraft lovers,
I have just got a arturia keylab mk2 88 and I'm trying to figure out the midi learning to work. Here's my issue;
I use the midi learn in Mixcraft to assign my transports buttons to activate the play, stop, rewind, record etc buttons with the same buttons on my keyboard, but what happens is that the buttons get assign with "notes on" and not cc ( I have tried to manually change them to cc but that doesn't work either ) and when I hit the same notes on the keybed, it activated the tronsports commands I assigned to the buttons. It's so frustrating.

What should I do? I have tried the same procedure with both MCU and HUI, but nothing helps.

It's probably an easy fix but I can't find it,
So please help me if you know about this issue.

Anders
Rolling Estonian

Re: Midi learning problems-Arturia Keylab

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Does the keyboard have software where you can alter the midi/cc#'s? I know that I had to go through Korg and Akai software to manually assign my controller knobs and faders to their own cc# so their wouldn't be the same number sharing a fader, knob or keys for instance.

There's a Midi Control Center on their website, I think that's what you're looking for.

M
Anders Hauge

Post by Anders Hauge »

Thanks for your reply.
I have used the midi control center as well but there I can't assign the transports ( play, record etc) buttons on the keyboard.
If there's a way to get the midi learn to change to cc and not note on, that would be perfect!
Any idea??
Also, which of these works best for Mixcraft in general, MCU or HUI?

Anders
Rolling Estonian

Have you tried the Mackie and/or Mackie 2 settings in MC? Settings>Control Surfaces>dropdown. I would try setting Keylab and MC to Mackie.

M
Anders Hauge

Post by Anders Hauge »

Hi,
I changed to mackie control XT in mixcraft and MCU on my keylab and it works well. But I have encountered another problem ( as it usually goes...).
When I load kontakt and open any spitfire library and push record, it starts the recording but also turns off the volume slider or any slider in spitfire that is midi mapped to the mod wheel. it seems the mod wheel and the record button shares the same cc number but the mod wheel doesn`t activate the record button though.
I cant figure out how to change it.

Do you guys understand what i mean and have a good tip?

Anders
Rolling Estonian

Good news that you're getting somewhere! I've never had any mod wheel issues but it's a somewhat common issue, someone should be chiming in or you can start a mod wheel/Kontakt post. Not familiar with Kontakt either but there're some folks here who use it extensively, I'm sure you'll hear something soon enough.

M