RealStrat 5 to Mixcraft 8 Pro

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rvkitch

RealStrat 5 to Mixcraft 8 Pro

Post by rvkitch »

Hello All,
I sure hope someone can help with this. And I know it's incredibly basic but I just can't figure it out. All I'm trying to do to start with, is just record some chords and some single notes in a MIDI track with Music Lab's Real Strat 5. I'm using MC 8 Pro. I can get the chords and notes on the track but I can't figure out how to incorporate any effects (slides, mutes, etc) on the chords or notes. Real Strat has tons of effects I would love to use in the track but have failed. I've watched a million or so videos but they all start farther advanced than I am. I've read about mapping, voices and CC# on keys but I just don't get any of it. I know in the step editor that the 127 key keyboard comes up, maybe I should be using that somehow. I know there's a lot to this, especially after reading this, realizing that (this guy) has a long way to go. I know if I can just get over this hurdle and get the basics of adding RealStrat's effects, I can take it from there. Sorry for the rant, I'm just really confused but really want to do this.
Thanks So Much for any help at all!!
comedians

Re: RealStrat 5 to Mixcraft 8 Pro

Post by comedians »

Hi
I have RealClassic, Realstrat & forget the other. Takes lots of thought, trial & practice to use fully, think I probably know half of what is possible.

Perhaps this one gives a bit more depth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doW0ZDBr6lY
rvkitch

Post by rvkitch »

Hello Again,
This is driving me crazy!! Why can't I simply slide from one note to another in a very basic guitar part in step editor or piano roll? Again, I'm using a 3rd party virtual guitar. I'm missing something incredibly easy. What is the 127 key keyboard for in the step editor when I click on Add/Edit?
Please Help!!
Thanks
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by effects but I hope the screenshot below helps -it's for MX9 but it should work in MX8.
reaLGUITAR.PNG
reaLGUITAR.PNG (304.94 KiB) Viewed 1496 times

a) In RealGuitar, ensure KEY SWITCHES is enabled. (in yellow)
b) Select your effect - in this case Harmonics
c) For Harmonics (in blue, the mapping is for C#1 - compare the MX midi mapping in red - it's C#2
so in your midi track for harmonics, add C#2 to the track containing your midi notes.

d) Play and you should hear something different

Hope this helps?
rvkitch

Post by rvkitch »

Thanks So much for the reply guys!
And RaveyDavey the screen shot was awesome! So if I have a lead guitar track and want different FXs (key switches) on different notes, how would I do that? I have 3 notes that I want to slide up, 6 notes I want to mute and 4 notes I want with harmonics. If I map all 3 of those key switches to the piano roll, can I just highlight (like the red in your piano roll) directly under (and with the same duration) the MIDI notes with their own effects, or do I have to put every note with a different effect (key switch) on a different track? And if that's not enough, one more question. Why every time I reopen my project I have to re-enable all of the key switches to get back to where I was? I constantly do a CTRL/S but maybe I should be saving something in RealStrat.
Thanks a Million for the Help!!