2 problems following laptop upgrade- Driver selection issue and signal fade

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Dazza

2 problems following laptop upgrade- Driver selection issue and signal fade

Post by Dazza »

I'm a new user and loving Mixcraft as it really is the most user friendly DAW I tried but after upgrading my laptop I have a couple of issues. I foolishly thought a better computer would mean an easier and more productive life! hehehe

I can only use WAVE for some reason. I installed the ASIO driver but I'm not able to select my interface.

When I try and use CORE AUDIO I can select my interface ok but then get the dreaded "Mixcraft unable to open your playback device..." no amount of changing settings seems to work.

As I said I upgraded my laptop but even trying the same settings as used on my old laptop doesn't help.

When I do record using WAVE I use a Line 6 pocket pod (ive not got to grips with plug ins and this was the quickest way for me to do stuff) into a Behringer UMC22. This used to work fine but now what happens is the signal appears to drop off after a couple of secs recording time resulting in a drop in volume of the recorded track.

Any ideas of a cause and a fix please would be gratefully received! Thanks

I'm using:

windows 10 Home
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz, 1690 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
8GB RAM
Behringer UMC22
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Rolling Estonian

Re: 2 problems following laptop upgrade- Driver selection issue and signal fade

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Make sure that the device is selected as default and that the settings in Windows match the settings for your interface. Right click on speaker>Open Sound Settings>Sound Control Panel (right side).

Have you seen this? https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... tup-guide/

M
Dude705

Post by Dude705 »

Have you also installed the driver for your interface on your new laptop? No mention of this.
Dazza

Post by Dazza »

Dude705 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:15 am Have you also installed the driver for your interface on your new laptop? No mention of this.
There wasn't a dedicated driver for this interface so was guided to install ASIO which didn't work. However I think I have cracked it after going down a youtube rabbit hole. I've installed a driver for an older more basic Behringer interface and that seems to have worked!

I've also now seen comments from people saying that the windows update in December has caused some issues.
Dazza

Post by Dazza »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:45 am Make sure that the device is selected as default and that the settings in Windows match the settings for your interface. Right click on speaker>Open Sound Settings>Sound Control Panel (right side).

Have you seen this? https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... tup-guide/

M
Thanks for your help. You set me off on the right course and i came across another video that advised to install a driver for an older model and that seems to have worked.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Good to hear, I saw a mention of asio4all and that made me wonder about the drivers.

M