Save and move file

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

outteh

Save and move file

Post by outteh »

If you have your Mixcraft projects saved to a location on your hard drive, then you copy the entire file location and put it on a different hard drive and run a new copy of Mixcraft, will the new copy of Mixcraft find all the files? Moving the entire location of a project won't loose files and locations will it? :?
TrevsAudio

Re: Save and move file

Post by TrevsAudio »

Tom, not had any personal experience, but could you not just change the default project folder in Prefs>Recording?
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I copied the entire file over when I got a new computer so yes it will work. Make sure you copy the entire file though.

M
Dude705

Post by Dude705 »

I’ve been recently told to use the “Copy files to” for backing up projects. After a session, go to “copy files to” and this copies all files used in the current project to a folder and location you choose. Follow the 2 or 3 steps and that’s it. I used to just copy the entire project folder onto my external hard drive but noticed weird things happening where I’d open my project up on my local drive and it would be looking for files on the external harddrive. When saving I think at times, it was saving to the backup. If I had a couple of sessions without backing up, and then I’d open up my project on local drive, sometimes my effect settings were different from my last session, I’m guessing there from the backup.
I’ve had no issues now since using the “Copy file to” for backing up.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Thanks gang! You can do what I wanted it works.... :D