Using EWQL play on Mixcraft 8

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

klaidler

Using EWQL play on Mixcraft 8

Post by klaidler »

I have Mixcraft 8 pro studio.

I was wondering if there is anyway I could improve my workflow when using EWQL play with Mixcraft.

Currently, I have re-routed virtual instrument tracks to VI track one, where I have play open with different instruments assigned to each channel. Unfortunately, all the parameters (volume, panning, eq, fx, etc) come up as an audio track attached to track 1 VI track.

This makes mixing and mastering very difficult, as I have rename each audio track and try to remember which midi channel correspond to each instrument.

Is there any way I can either link the audio track with the VI track set up for that instrument or even better manipulate volume, panning etc for the re-routed track.

There are some tutorials on youtube, which recommend setting up lanes for each track. I don't want to do this, as I want to name the tracks and change colour etc, for workflow purposes.

Obviously I don't want to open an instance of ew play for each instrument, as this would be very taxing in terms of cpu.

Many thanks for your help with this...
cactus-head

Re: Using EWQL play on Mixcraft 8

Post by cactus-head »

My experience at least wih the choir has been that you need an instance of play on each track in Mixcraft. I haven't found a way around this. For the choir this is due to there being multiple midi channels used for a single voice for the word builder.

In your case, it sounds like you might be using an orchestra or something, so you could use the mixer in Play if each instrument is on a separate channel. That way in Mixcraft, you are only worried about that one main VI. Don't ouput separate audio tracks. Just have your MIDI tracks routed to the main VI, mix in Play, and only worry about the "master" level of your VI.
klaidler

Re: Using EWQL play on Mixcraft 8

Post by klaidler »

Thank you Cactus head.

This is useful. I'll see if I can make a new template using this method.