I need help to set up my Arturia keylab with MC , please!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Anders Hauge

I need help to set up my Arturia keylab with MC , please!

Post by Anders Hauge »

Hi again everyone,
So, I have tried many ways to make my arturia keylab mkii 88 to work with Mixcraft but I still have probems.
What is ithe correct way to set it up with mixcraft so that i can use the transports, faders and knobs etc.
Now I have my arturia on MCU and Mackie Contol in MC, but my display is freezing on track 8 and a pan value and it doesn`t react to anything other than the CH 8 pan knob...
it seems to work in cubase with same settings.
What should i do to make it work?

Anders
cactus-head

Re: I need help to set up my Arturia keylab with MC , please!

Post by cactus-head »

Mackie HUI was mentioned. You may be able to choose a control surface under Mixcraft settings for one of the two Mackie devices that are available; but you seem to be running into some trouble there.

For straight MIDI, I think you have to download the MIDI Control Center from Arturia so you can use MIDI CCs for mapping instead of the Mackie language. I believe you then have to be in USER MODE on your Mkii. In the manual, check out chapter 5 USER MODE page 42.

The main concept is this: understand what midi codes are mapped on your keyboard controls in User Mode. Then in mixcraft, right click on the MIDI learn button and the window below will open to allow you to map a custom controller. For each of the various categories, either use the MIDI Learn button in this window or use the drop down for the specific command and type and enter the matching code from the mk ii. This might take some time but in theory, you can have a perfectly mapped device to use in Mixcraft.

When finished, give your "Surface" a name and save it.
map controller.JPG
map controller.JPG (54.02 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
GregRBand

Post by GregRBand »

cactus-head wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:44 pm Mackie HUI was mentioned. You may be able to choose a control surface under Mixcraft settings for one of the two Mackie devices that are available; but you seem to be running into some trouble there.

For straight MIDI, I think you have to download the MIDI Control Center from Arturia so you can use MIDI CCs for mapping instead of the Mackie language. I believe you then have to be in USER MODE on your Mkii. In the manual, check out chapter 5 USER MODE page 42.

The main concept is this: understand what midi codes are mapped on your keyboard controls in User Mode. Then in mixcraft, right click on the MIDI learn button and the window below will open to allow you to map a custom controller. For each of the various categories, either use the MIDI Learn button in this window or use the drop down for the specific command and type and enter the matching code from the mk ii. This might take some time but in theory, you can have a perfectly mapped device to use in Mixcraft.

When finished, give your "Surface" a name and save it.

map controller.JPG
Oh!!! Great idea and pointer to look into. Maybe this will be the answer for my Nektar LX+ I wrote about in Mixcraft 10 Suggestions post. Also may make the Novation Launchkey Mk3 a better fit for Mixcraft too! Thanks!
PS, I wonder what other midi controllers have mapping avail for Mixcraft? So far, only one I've found is Nektar, its mostly basic mapping, but something to be expanded upon between Acoustica and Nektar hopefully.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

Arturia defaults to Mackie controls. This is not the same as standard MIDI. In fact I believe many of the arturia instruments have various modes on the devices themselves specifically for DAWs that they have partnered with - and I believe it is all Mackie (none of which seem to be Mixcraft). There is configuration within the devices themselves that have to be setup if one is running into problems with Mixcraft - then mapping the controls described earlier in this chain can be applied.

Also, there are generic Mackie selections within Mixcraft preferences. These should be tried too in combination with the various DAW modes available in the arturia controllers. This applies to other controllers besides Arturia.

Regarding the LX+, if you haven't already, check out this section from their support page:

https://nektartech.com/using-mixcraft-with-impact/