Mixcraft 8 Audio Track bugged

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

reeligated

Mixcraft 8 Audio Track bugged

Post by reeligated »

Hi all, I know I'm on an older version of Mixcraft (8 .1 Recording Studio) but I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm recording a project with a few instruments each on their own audio track. I've been using the same dynamic mic (Shure SM57) going in through a usb audio interface - it's a basic but very familiar set up for me and I've never had problems before.

On one of my audio tracks, I can't record any new sound files properly. Mixcraft barely registers any sound at all coming from the audio interface and what it does register is distorted and very, very quiet.

I've checked my preferences, sound on my computer, my audio interface's connection, various inputs (and levels) on the interface as well as tested with a different mic of the same type. Everything seems to be working - I get good quality sound until I try to record on that audio track. I've restarted the pc, disconnected everything and begun again, with no result - still distorted mumbling coming through on that track.

Finally, I opened a new project to test again. Crystal clear sound!

I opened my original project and tried recording on a different audio track. Crystal clear sound! But that original track I wanted to record to is still messed up and only records that quiet, garbled sound.

So now that I've narrowed it down... can individual audio tracks in Mixcraft become bugged like this? Is this an experience anyone's had before and what can I do to fix it? I could move everything I've done on that track onto a different track but that would be a huge pain at this point.
JonInc

Re: Mixcraft 8 Audio Track bugged

Post by JonInc »

Seems like something has gotten corrupted in that track. It could be just a part of it, or the whole thing.

Have you tried copying the track contents to another track or project? If it's okay after that, then problem solved. If not, you may have to redo the track.

It's up to you on how much time you want to spend chasing the root of the problem. Glitches are an inevitable part of working with any software. Sometimes you just have to work around them and move on.
reeligated

Re: Mixcraft 8 Audio Track bugged

Post by reeligated »

Thanks JonInc!

I ended up moving the existing files from that track onto a new audio track and recording there instead - the old track has never worked since the bug began sadly.

It's cool that there's a workaround, it's just irritating that it happened and sent me scrambling to check every element of my setup, which lost me plenty of recording time that day.