Help With Recording

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BeadyRoller

Help With Recording

Post by BeadyRoller »

Hi. New to Mixcraft and recording in general so needing a little help.

I am recording through my 2 channel mixer. I have a Mic plugged in to Channel 1 and my acoustic guitar plugged in to channel 2. Is there a way to record each channel at the same time on Mixcraft?

So I would want my vocals on one track and my acoustic guitar on another so I can edit them separately rather than them being through one track.

Thanks.
jwarv

Re: Help With Recording

Post by jwarv »

Welcome to the forum and to the world of Mixcraft.

Are you describing a USB mixer? They usually let you choose either a stereo mix on one track or split up signals into left (track 1) and right (track 2).

So, if MC recognizes your interface, when you click the little arrow next to the word ARM you can choose track input (or line in) 1 (left) for your vocals. Then do the same on a second track but choose input (or line in) 2 (right) for your instrument. Make sure ARM is red for both tracks and start recording. You should end up with two distinct tracks. Both mono.

Jason
BeadyRoller

Post by BeadyRoller »

Thanks Jason for your reply.

It is a USB mixer indeed, it's a Xenyx Q802 mixer.

Mixcraft does recognise the mixer and I have no problem recording using it but still can't seem to find the options you list. When I click the little arrow next to arm it just lists my connected devices which are the mixer and my headphones. There are no options to then select which input channel or line?

See what I mean here: https://ibb.co/6gW7yPR

Do I choose audio track or something else? Maybe that is where I'm going wrong.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Actually, all I see on your screenshot is a USB mic. Not the Behringer mixer. It should show up on the list.

Make sure your Xenyx is turned on before MC opens. Start MC. Click on the gear at the top. Under sound device...

Option #1: Choose Core Audio (Wave RT). Click the dropdown list under Default recording device. You should see Xenyx listed in there. Choose line-ins 1/2 or something along those lines.

Option #2: Choose ASIO. The dropdown list should include Xenyx line-ins as well. Choose inputs 1/2.

Then try all the stuff I said earlier.

J
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

These are how mine shows up. I'm using Presonus Audiobox.
core device.jpg
core device.jpg (185.53 KiB) Viewed 3075 times
asio device.jpg
asio device.jpg (138.87 KiB) Viewed 3075 times
armed device.jpg
armed device.jpg (128.58 KiB) Viewed 3075 times
BeadyRoller

Post by BeadyRoller »

When I go in to settings all I get is this below:

https://pasteboard.co/JO0Etd7.png

Which are the same two settings when I click arm - just the microphone.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Try reinstalling the driver for the Xenyx mixer. Or at least unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. Listen for the ding and look for the box telling you it was recognized.
BeadyRoller

Post by BeadyRoller »

jwarv wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:30 am Try reinstalling the driver for the Xenyx mixer. Or at least unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. Listen for the ding and look for the box telling you it was recognized.
Tried unplugging and plugging again and still just says USB Codec (Microphone) everywhere, uninstalled the driver on Windows then plugged it back in and still the same. Tried looking for a driver on the website but can't seem to find the exact file I'm meant to install?
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Hmm. Do you have a USB mic attached? If not it must be Xenyx.

Also, try ASIO. What's in that list?
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Use ASIO and uncheck 'use device preferred setting', what's that spdif input? You should just have usb connected from I/O to pc. And as J said if you have any other audio device plugged in, unplug it.

M
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hiya

Have you checked in Mixcraft preferences that "allow duplicate Recording Inputs" is selected.

It comes under Recording in preferences.