Constant Crashes (sample rates? Faulty Plug-ins? Who knows?)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

NajeeP

Constant Crashes (sample rates? Faulty Plug-ins? Who knows?)

Post by NajeeP »

Hi. I'll get right into it.
I have 2 short(4 songs each) EP's that I've worked myself to death on and could genuinely make a difference for my career....HOWEVER
Ever since December when I updated my Mixcraft to 9(now build 469) it has been crashing whenever I export and on playback.
By "crashing" I just mean plug-ins crashing that never crashed before. Even ones that come with Mixcraft like Classic Delay and whatnot.
I bounced my vocal tracks to be in the same sample rate and reloaded my effects to mixdown again and I get
"A failure has been detected in the effect" blah blah

HOW do I fix this?
Other specs+info

Computer -
Surface Book 3 running Windows 10.
32gb RAM 64 bit
Intel Core i7 1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50GHz

Mixdown last worked correctly 12/3/20
pepexpress

Re: Constant Crashes (sample rates? Faulty Plug-ins? Who knows?)

Post by pepexpress »

Hi,

I think it is the same thing that happens to me ... are they small freezes of the program that stop with a "pop" and soon it happens again?
I don't think it's the sample rate ... the errors are different and the cpu crashes differently ... I restored windows to a previous point and it seems that it worked ... until today!
Dude705

Post by Dude705 »

I have an issue where if I leave a session open overnight or a day and go back to it to carry on with mixing, it crashes as soon as I click on the main GUI. I have to shut Mixcraft down and open it again. I have the latest build of Mixcraft 9 Pro. Never fails always happens. Anyone have this issue?
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I've noticed it crashing a lot since I've been using citrix to connect remotely to work. There are several citrix programs that remain running in the background even when I'm not connecting to work. I've adjusted my start up programs so that these do not run in the background constantly. it seems to have helped. That being said, maybe there are other programs that you aren't aware of that are running in the background all the time that you may not need or even realized started up. If you can't make the determination of what should or shouldn't be running, don't mess with your start up services or programs.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

I don't believe I've had a day when I've used Mixcraft that it didn't have "not responding" trouble and have to be forced shut. That's not the same as a crash, but still a pain. Although, I've become accustomed to it and have grown a tad numb. :roll: It may be more of a Windows issue, but I don't get that with every program.
Dude705

Post by Dude705 »

In my case maybe “crashes” is the wrong term, but what I get is the “not responding” message at the top.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

cactus-head wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:58 pmI've noticed it crashing a lot since I've been using citrix to connect remotely to work. There are several citrix programs that remain running in the background even when I'm not connecting to work.
I use Citrix for work too, thankfully it's on a work computer, combined with a few other programs it's a total PITA! lol

M