Mixcraft 9 and Maschine MK3 (midi issue)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

zetorche

Mixcraft 9 and Maschine MK3 (midi issue)

Post by zetorche »

I seem to only be able to run the Maschine MK3 as a midi controller with Mixcraft 9. In Cubase it runs fine with midi in normal mode and I don't need to put the Maschine in controller mode (I don't want to use Cubase, I love Mixcraft). Can't for the life of me figure it out. I have followed all the online tutorials for Maschine setup into other DAWs. In Cubase I must turn the input on the Maschine VST track to "Maschine 2-MIDI Out" but there is no option for that in Mixcraft; only all midi channels or each channel individually. A Cubase post: each new MIDI track has to have its input set to “Maschine 2-MIDI Out” if it is set to the default “All MIDI inputs” it won’t work! Another board posted this for Logic: the MIDI input the "Maschine VST Rack" needs, set it as "01. Maschine 2 - MIDI Out"

All Midi Channels does NOT make it work in Cubase, or Mixcraft either apparently, it must be switched. I'm wondering if this is the missing piece to allow it to run in normal mode in Mixcraft? How do I switch Mixcraft Maschine VST input to "Maschine 2 - Midi out"?

What I'm trying to do in Mixcraft is record live all 16 pads of the MK3 on separate midi tracks in normal mode. I can do this for kits in midi controller mode only in Mixcraft 9. In Cubase I can do this with all MK3 pads and kits in normal mode. But not in Mixcraft that I am aware of, and I would really love to know if there is a way or if this just cannot be done (yet) in Mixcraft so I can stop the insanity of trying to figure this out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 9 and Maschine MK3 (midi issue)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have a Maschine here, so it's difficult to give you specific advice. You can arm a track for a particular MIDI track on a particular channel. Click on the little arrow next to the Arm button on a virtual instrument track. Not sure if that helps.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101