Mixcraft for live performances?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mellotron

Mixcraft for live performances?

Post by mellotron »

Is anyone using Mixcraft during live performances?

I am working with a band that is considering preset song lists, and wants to automate keyboard patch changes, guitar and vocal effects, and DMX-capable lighting fixtures via a laptop.

People seem to gravitate toward Mainstage or Ableton Live. I have been using Mixcraft for years, know it well (for home recording) and really like its feature set, ease of use and price point

How effective could Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio be for our intended purposes?
gaffster

Re: Mixcraft for live performances?

Post by gaffster »

I have been considering this as well. It was fast and simple to set up a two controller (CH1/CH2) system and implement transposed splits and layers in Mixcraft. Also easy to implement patch mutes with pads and patch volume controllers in midi learn mode. Being retired I was in multiple bands (Before Covid-19) and it was a real PITA to get my workstations setup for all the parts required. I like to reproduce every sound uncovered by the rest of the band perfectly. It is amazing how many sounds are present in rock songs. Also if one did record.....maybe using a lineout from the FOH mixer...there is some serious feedback available for review.

I am thinking of building a small rack with a PC, audio interface, power conditioner/fan and USB hub/audio patch bay. The big worry is a mid-song PC crash, but I think a dedicated powerful PC can be setup to be very reliable.