Files cant be saved

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mk_hogue

Files cant be saved

Post by mk_hogue »

I just noticed this within the last few days. When I try to save a project file it gives me this error..

02:19:28 [561 mils] : Save Failed - Mixcraft failed to save the project:

E:\Acoustica Mixcraft 9\Mixcraft Projects\110110.mx9

The file may currently be in use by another application, or you may be out of space on your drive.

(Also, if you are saving to a removable flash drive make sure it is plugged in.) I tried moving the file onto other drives thinking it could be a storage issue, but that didnt help. I cleared all the temp saves, but no luck....any suggestions, or am I gonna have to re-install it?
Rolling Estonian

Re: Files cant be saved

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Saving to a drive other than the boot drive usually causes problems.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 am Saving to a drive other than the boot drive usually causes problems.

M
I wouldn't say "usually." It can be a problem if an external drive changes drive letters, for example.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mk_hogue wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:18 am I just noticed this within the last few days. When I try to save a project file it gives me this error..

02:19:28 [561 mils] : Save Failed - Mixcraft failed to save the project:

E:\Acoustica Mixcraft 9\Mixcraft Projects\110110.mx9

The file may currently be in use by another application, or you may be out of space on your drive.

(Also, if you are saving to a removable flash drive make sure it is plugged in.) I tried moving the file onto other drives thinking it could be a storage issue, but that didnt help. I cleared all the temp saves, but no luck....any suggestions, or am I gonna have to re-install it?
Hi,

What's your temp folder set to in General preferences? Try resetting it to the default location (there's a button for that).

Mixcraft has to have write permission for the folder where you're saving. For example, trying to save to a protected Windows folder like C:\Program Files\ would cause this problem. That's why we put projects into Documents\Mixcraft Projects\ folder by default.

Get it to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
mk_hogue

Post by mk_hogue »

@Thanks everyone for yor help. I nooticed while I was searching through here that I never got the updte from 2020. So i updated the DAW and its working fine now....\m/
wbseamus

Post by wbseamus »

Hi, everyone!
I wanted to weigh in on this issue since I have been encountering it for a few days.
My fix was in the lower left hand side of the screen, under the PROJECTS tab.

The default file directory for new projects had changed to a folder that didn't exist.
After changing it back to C:\Users\Me\Desktop\My Music Projects, the proper directory, this issue ceased.

I hope this helps.

wb
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That setting only affects the current project. If anybody has this issue, check the Default Project Folder setting in Recording preferences.

Greg
37REDNECKS

Post by 37REDNECKS »

I had the same trouble. It was bias FX 2. I just deleted them out the FX menu for the tracks and it saved. Then added them back .