Are all presets/effects searchable or is there a list somewhere?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rev.f

Are all presets/effects searchable or is there a list somewhere?

Post by rev.f »

Situation: For example, when assigning an instrument to a midi track, I type in "square" and find "square away" from the Glass Viper VST. I like it. Then I look at all the other presets for Glass Viper. There are very many. One is called "Blitzkrieg". However, when I type in "Blitzkrieg" in instrument presets or the effects list or the the effects chain, it is not there in the drop down list.

I know that "blitzkrieg" does not clearly suggest an instrument or an effect the same way that "squared away" or "phaser" does, but it would still be nice to somehow see the list of all the presets/effects somewhere besides each individual VST or instrument. At this point, I have to open each individual VST or instrument to see all the settings/presets/effects.

I also understand that it might not be practical to have every preset/effect available in the dropdown lists, since there are thousands of them.

But is there a list somewhere or a way to search for all the names of the presets/effects?

Thanks in advance.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Are all presets/effects searchable or is there a list somewhere?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft has its own presets that store particular settings for a plugin or plugins, along with possibly effects, and you can search all of those. But there's no master list of all the presets that are particular to each plugin. We'd have to siphon all the info that is stored in each plugin using various different methods (some of them more standard than others) and put it in a database for searching.

As you go along, you could make custom presets based on an instruments presets that you like, and then that would be searchable with all the other Mixcraft presets.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101