Renaming Lanes in Mixcraft 9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

justinator

Renaming Lanes in Mixcraft 9

Post by justinator »

I've been using multiple instruments in one instance of kontakt and creating lanes for each one to produce sound in independently. The process works and I get my individual sounds, however, when I assign a MIDI channel to each of my lanes, the default names are "Channel 01", "Channel 02", etc. Is there a way for me to modify the names of these so they reflect the instrument playing within them? It can get confusing really quick when I have more than 3 instruments. Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: Renaming Lanes in Mixcraft 9

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There's no option to rename the lanes, but you could have each instrument on its own track using Route To Track. Instead of choosing a virtual instrument for a track, you choose another track that has Kontakt on it it. Each track can be set to its own MIDI channel, and you can name them anything you want. See page 288 of the Mixcraft 9 help manual for details.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:43 am Hi,

See page 288 of the Mixcraft 9 help manual for details.

Greg
Where do I find the help manual?
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

hpharley90 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:50 pm
Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:43 am Hi,

See page 288 of the Mixcraft 9 help manual for details.

Greg
Where do I find the help manual?
https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/support/manual
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

I’m curious.., what are the benefits to setting up a Multitimbral VST this way outside of being able to name the tracks, and select different track colors? I use several Multitimbral VST’s.., one being Korg Triton. I typically set up lanes and assign the appropriate midi ch’s. I tried this suggestion and while I was able to name tracks and select colors, I found a major disadvantage to be that every time I selected a different voice on a selected part, MixCraft “priority” defaulted back to the “main VST track”.

I had 4 parts assigned in the VST, each with the appropriate “route” method mentioned. I had drums on part 1. In MixCraft I clicked on the appropriate track for part 4. It played the sound assigned to the part via my midi keyboard, but if I selected a different sound, MixCraft changed back to the “master VST” track, and I’d be playing the drums assigned to part 1. I had to keep reselecting track 4 every time I selected a different sound.

I’m guessing this route is a “have your patches preselected” method.., or am I missing something. Using the other method of simply assigning lanes doesn’t do this.

Sqk
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It was created for people who wanted to work with tracks instead of lanes for whatever reason when using multi-timbral plugins.

Normally, the selected track gets the MIDI, so it's normal that you'd have to reselect the other track after selecting the master track.

Greg

P.S. As a side note, here's another use for Route To Track in a video from Acoustica Chris (circa 2016): MX8 MIDI routing awesomeness
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
squeakie

Post by squeakie »

Thanks!
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX500, Roland RS70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer88, Casio PX330, M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3, Yamaha DGX-670 digital piano, Behringer Studio Monitors, MixCraft 9 Pro, Studio One 5, Cakewalk, Zenbeats,