Panning a Clip

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Dick43

Panning a Clip

Post by Dick43 »

I've read the (not overly helpful) Mixcraft manual and gone to forums, but I still can't find out how to change the pan of a clip, rather than of an entire track. We are doing a song with call/response vocals in the refrain and I want to pan the refrain clips only. Advice, please!

Dick43
bigaquarium

Re: Panning a Clip

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi, the clip automation functions are up top just between the gear icon for the preferences menu and the snap menu. By default it is set to volume, so just scroll down to pan and you will be able to pan each clip independently.

Nathan
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Here's a video all about clip automation:

https://youtu.be/EO77-diqTek
Dick43

Post by Dick43 »

Thanks..I appreciate what has been sent, and I watched the video. But I still can't seem to confine my pan to the short clip which I want moved away from center. I shall keep trying....!!! :? :? :lol:
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi, the difference is you're moving the automation envelope on the clip itself instead of anything on the track. If you want to pan the whole thing, just grab the white handle that appears when you have your mouse pointer over the clip. Make sure the clip menu up top is set to Pan and not Volume.

Nathan
Dick43

Post by Dick43 »

Thanks....at least I'm not bored trying to make this work! :lol: :lol:
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Is it an audio clip or a midi clip? If it's an audio clip, you'll need to use the track automation as opposed to clip automation. You can Pan just the section you want. If it's a MIDI clip, use CC 10 to Pan on the sound tab.

Another option would be to record exclusively on the left or right channels for the clip (stereo not mono).

Another option, mix existing track to a new track. This will also add any effects into the sound. It will split the singal into two channels. Pan that (those) track(s) as desired keeping your original track(s) in tact.

Duplicate track - same as above except effects aren't mixed into the sound - the goal keeping your original track in tact
Dick43

Post by Dick43 »

Thanks....bumbled my way through it and have panned this short clip where I want it. This forum is sure helpful!

Dick