Computer

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Compo

Computer

Post by Compo »

I feel sure I've asked this question before, but I cant find it anywhere.
I'm needing a new computer.
I'm sure some one said minimum spec is 8gb ram i5.
Anything else?
cactus-head

Re: Computer

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

It's on the main purchase page when you selec the product to buy:

https://acoustica.com/store/mixcraft-9-pro-studio
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Depends what you plan to do. I wouldn't buy a computer based on the minimum requirements of any one app.

I'd say 8GB is the bare minimum to do much of anything (although I'm still squeaking by on 4GB, what I'm doing is very basic) and if you can afford it, I would get 16GB so you have some "room."

"i5" is far too vague to be really meaningful. A high-end i3 can beat a low-end i5 and a high-end i5 can wipe up a low-end i7. It depends a lot on the chipset you get too.

Figure out how much you think you can afford and shop around...I'd check out newegg.com for starters.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Yeah it's really the other VSTs and apps you plan to use. Mixcraft is fine for my PC but my EastWest ComposerCloud libraries are a real beast to accommodate. They've just upgraded so I now need to get bigger SSDs just to store the new sample libraries.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI